Author Topic: Edit : GSX not showing up in the Addons Menu when no Antivirus solution.  (Read 1776 times)

swapvobl

Hello,

I have this weird GSX issue where in my GSX seems to not work and that apparently Addon Manager has been blocked despite me having no other Antivirus software except Malwarebytes trial version(since expired) installed on my Laptop. Now I know GSX, Addon Manager have issues with Antivirus softwares like AVG, but this is weird that something like Malwarebytes can break it. Can anyone help me in resolving this issue? I use P3Dv4.4 but have used the latest P3Dv4 specific installer for GSX.

Thanks,

Swapnil.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 10:27:26 pm by swapvobl »

DrJ1

Did you disable the anti virus program before installing GSX.  Even though the trial of the anti virus has expired it still may be interfering with the install

swapvobl

Nope, did no such thing as it was actually not running at the time of Installation, will check again thanks.

swapvobl

Okay, I uninstalled Malwarebytes completely and then reinstalled GSX once again clean ( including Appdata folders) and even disabled the Windows Defender Firewall and Virus Protection, however, still, the GSX menu does'nt show below the Addon Manager in the menu and when I do go into the Addon Manager to activate GSX and GSX L2, it still shows that the couatl.exe is blocked by some mysterious Antivirus program which is now infuriating when I don't have any such software installed.

swapvobl

I have fixed the problem by referring to one of the other threads that mentioned something about presence of Esellerate server blockers which I promptly deleted. After this, my GSX has begun operating without any issues, and hence, I kindly request others suffering problems of similar magnitude go through the same resolution process.