Author Topic: Towbarless Pushback: Chaseplane Issue & Front Gear Hits The Ground Abruptly  (Read 2070 times)

tszchun_anson

Hi,

1. During towbarless pushback, the front gear of PMDG 77W is lifted up as normal, but meanwhile the Chaseplane camera is also lifted up as well.

2. When the front gear is lowered by the truck after pushback is completed. it hits the ground abruptly and even create smoke like a touch-down.

3. During towbarless pushback, the vertical speed indicator shows a negative reading. After the pushback, elevator trim is reset.

Are these known issues?

I updated GSX to current version by running the full installer from official website; P3D v4.5 is installed; All PMDG ground connections (like wheel chock) and operations (like refueling) are NOT activated when the issues happen.

Anson
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 08:45:45 am by tszchun_anson »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
1. During towbarless pushback, the front gear of PMDG 77W is lifted up as normal, but meanwhile the Chaseplane camera is also lifted up as well.

If a camera is attached to a plane, is normal it would move with it,

2. When the front gear is lowered by the truck after pushback is completed. it hits the ground abruptly and even create smoke like a touch-down.

Normal, depending on flight model of the the plane used. Nothing we can do about it.

3. During towbarless pushback, the vertical speed indicator shows a negative reading.

Normal, because the plane is going in reverse, so it's likely having an effect on the VSI.

After the pushback, elevator trim is reset.

Nothing we do with GSX explicitly but, most likely, something the airplane code does on its own when it detects the airplane was raised/lowered during pushback.

Are these known issues?

None of these are even "issues", just normal consequences of the pushback and how the plane reacts to it. As explained many times on the forum, and on the GSX documentation, airplane develoeprs have all the documented means to detect if GSX is pushing so, if they feel some of their own internal simulations ( like ground handling, etc. ) could be affected, they can easily turn it off while GSX is pushing.

Of course, it's nothing we can do on our own, and it wouldn't be right if we tried to "hack" into the airplane code to turn off such system, because it would be very unreliable, it would likely stop to work with updates to the airplane code, and nobody is better suited than the airplane developers themselves to decide what to do if the airplane is being pushed, and decide how to react to it.

tszchun_anson

1. What I mean is that, the camera really shifts upward SIGNIFICANTLY. Particularly, I can see the windscreen before pushback. But when the camera shifts during pushback, sometimes I can only see overhead panel.

2. I can't find any other simmers on youtube experiencing the same issue. My case may be an individual case, maybe there are something abnormal like a bug? Did you receive any similar reports?

3. With towbar pushback, VSI remains zero.

4. I understand

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
1. What I mean is that, the camera really shifts upward SIGNIFICANTLY. Particularly, I can see the windscreen before pushback. But when the camera shifts during pushback, sometimes I can only see overhead panel.

Does it happen with using a standard camera ? Most likely not, so it can only be a problem caused by the way Chaseplane works. Of course, now that GSX has its own custom cameras, you have many options to use lots of different camera views without relying on external utilities.

2. I can't find any other simmers on youtube experiencing the same issue. My case may be an individual case, maybe there are something abnormal like a bug? Did you receive any similar reports?

As I've said, it depends on the flight model of the airplane used, and it also depends on the scenery used, like 3rd party mesh interfering, different mesh complexity/resolution settings, etc.

3. With towbar pushback, VSI remains zero.

Normal, since it doesn't raise the airplane. It is so big of a problem reading a negative VSI during pushback ?