Author Topic: GSX UPDATE TROUBLE  (Read 1648 times)

Johs.Klovning

GSX UPDATE TROUBLE
« on: July 15, 2019, 10:27:31 pm »
Hi

I am running P3D V3,and are currently in having major issues after installing the lastest GSX-Update..I have bothe GSX/GSX L2,and have never had any issues before this latest update.

i have attached some pics/docs of the errors.I hope somebody can help me out,solving this.I have uninstalled/installed numerous times,but the errors keep on coming...

Thx.
JK.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 10:32:27 pm by Johs.Klovning »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX UPDATE TROUBLE
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 10:37:17 am »
The latest update doesn't have anything to do with your problem.

The last error message clearly shows you have a problem with FSX Simconnect client, which is caused by another add-on that has installed a very old version of the FSX Simconnect client, and because of this, your simulator is stuck with that version, which doesn't contain a function which is required by our software, and a lot of other add-ons, which is the Simconnect_Text, as indicated in your error message.

This was already discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13390.msg99605.html#msg99605

Johs.Klovning

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 02:58:54 pm »
Thanks for reply..

Maybe my problem does not relate to the latest GSX Update,BUT the strange thing is that BOTH GSX/GSX L2 worked fine BEFORE this update in the same simulator with the same addons!!!...That is strange!!

regards
JK

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 03:57:08 pm »
The last error message is quite clear: the Simconnect_Text() function cannot be found by the sim, and the only possible reason why it's missing, it's either the Simconnect client is not installed at all, or another add-on has installed an old version. In fact, that error is not even coming from our software: it's a Windows error message, which indicates a problem with the Simconnect library.

Nothing in the update has changed anything to which version of the Simconnect client is required by the 32 bit version of the program. It was always the FSX Simconnect SP2, since GSX has been released.