Author Topic: Unable to Abort or Stop Pushback  (Read 7069 times)

downscc

Unable to Abort or Stop Pushback
« on: July 12, 2019, 07:01:54 pm »
With latest GSXv2.6, I have found that all attempts to Abort or Stop and Complete Pushback with the GSX menu results in the aircraft continuing to move backwards as if being pushed.  Even if I restart Couatl or relocate the aircraft, this unexpected motion continues.  If I enter P3D slew mode the motion will stop but returns when I exit slew.  The only way to clear this problem is to exit P3D and start a new session.

This is repeatable for at least three sessions at different locations with different aircraft.  I observe the same if I restart Couatl during a pushback instead of using the pushback menu.  There seems to be no way to stop or abort a pushback.

airbadger

Re: Unable to Abort or Stop Pushback
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 07:57:25 pm »
Has this function ever worked? I had issues with it last version, too.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 11:20:44 am »
I just tried both functions, using a default A321 from FSX, and FSDT CYVR, with default Left pushback at Gate 18A and this is the result:

- "Stop here and complete pushback" results in the plane being pushed about 4-5 meters more, enough to slow down, followed by the request to Set Parking brakes, with the Wingwalker then going close to the tow truck to unlock gear, and saying "tow truck disconnected", then "Left is clear, right is clear", the "clear to start engines" and "have a good trip", so it's just like the end of a normal pushback, but performed earlier, exactly how that function is supposed to work.

- "Abort pushback" results in the airplane stopping immediately, and the tow truck and wingwalker disappearing, exactly how that function is supposed to work.

So no, at least it's sure it doesn't happen everywhere and with every aircraft so, as usual when reporting a problem with GSX, always include ALL the complete information: the airplane used, the scenery used, the gate used, the kind of pushback chosen and everything that can be useful to know for us to TRY to replicate your situation.

downscc

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 07:51:51 pm »
This has occurred with multiple aircraft including PMDG B748 and B738 at locations such as FSDT KLAS, FT YSSY, and most recently LVFR KMIA.  Simply put, it never works as intended but I did use it as recently as in past six months okay which is why I thought is was associated with this release of GSX.

I guess your response is that it works okay but there is something in my configuration that is to blame.  What might that be?  Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 07:58:09 pm by downscc »

B777ER

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2019, 10:19:38 pm »
Had this just happen to me in KMIA, LatinVFR latest version. Abort and stop p/b failed on the PMDG 748. Pushing from cargo spot W73, was pushing back into buildings. Would not abort or stop. In fact even selecting to disable coualt would not get the plane to stop. Selected nose left, tail right. Please issue fix ASAP.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 10:22:39 pm by B777ER »
Eric

Rampi

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2019, 01:17:35 pm »
I experience the same issue with various aircraft at various airports, e.g. FSLabs A320 at YMML (stand 52) and PMDG B777 at EDDP (Stand 481).

I must say, it really bothers me that FSDreamteam is releasing updates with new features on the one hand, but the product has more or less the same bugs since release day of Version 1!

airbadger

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2019, 01:40:46 pm »
Definitely happens with the 747-8

disco79stu

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2019, 02:24:39 pm »
I experience the same issue with various aircraft at various airports, e.g. FSLabs A320 at YMML (stand 52) and PMDG B777 at EDDP (Stand 481).

I must say, it really bothers me that FSDreamteam is releasing updates with new features on the one hand, but the product has more or less the same bugs since release day of Version 1!

+1
I too wish they had taken care of the bugs, issues and wishes we‘ve been addressing since L2 instead of focussing on PBR which to this day I can‘t really see any difference and never felt the need for it on normal a daily sim routine. They should have optimize the functionality and mechanics before polishing specular maps. What good is a sun reflection on a forklift if GSX keeps sending mini-vans with 30 passengers for boarding...?

ericpak

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2019, 07:33:18 pm »
+1
Taxi2Gate LFPG Gate 30 PMDG B747-400 : same issue. Very annoying to set up custom pusback. Solving this issue would be appreciated.
But great update ! GSX is the best addon for simmers. Thanks FSDT.
Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2019, 11:14:39 am »
What good is a sun reflection on a forklift if GSX keeps sending mini-vans with 30 passengers for boarding...?

As explained so many times on the forum, GSX is NOT sending the wrong bus or vehicle. GSX sends the vehicle related to the number of passenger it has calculated.

And if it's not GSX that calculates the number of passengers, but it's an airplane add-on, the problem is simply the airplane add-on not sending the correct value when GSX needs it.

If you are referring to the FS Labs A320, as I already explained several times, we confirmed with FS Labs the problem doesn't happen, although they reported a couple of users still having it so, the only possible explanation is you are using the FS Labs integration in some way not expected by FS Labs, which is triggering some problem in their code which results the wrong number of passengers sent to GSX.

But I can only repeat and confirm that, when the FS Labs is used correctly, or when GSX is doing the passenger number calculation on its own and you set the payload before Boarding/Deboarding, or when you set GSX to set the passenger number manually yourself, the correct passenger number is used, and the correct vehicle is used.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2019, 11:21:53 am »

- The Stop and Abort pushback features weren't added until several *years* after the "release day of Version 1" so, how you could possibly say this "bug" was always there, when there wasn't even the function back then ?

- I cannot replicate this problem using a default airplane.

- I see you reporting this problem are ALL using either the PMDG 747 or the FS Labs A320.

It's POSSIBLE this could be related to a FIX (we ALWAYS FIX BUGS, opposite of what you say!! ) we had to add in order to prevent the cockpit vibration in the PMDG 747, because PMDG is clearly doing some kind of custom simulation that is always running and fights against the GSX pushback and, because they are not willing to use the fully documented GSX method to detect when GSX is pushing, we had to do a trick, because they obviously DO detect the "standard" default pushback, since they know they *should* turn that thing off when something is pushing, it's just they only do it for the default pusback event, not the GSX one. So, in this version, we send a default Pushback event, following a report by a user who found that pressing Shift+P prevented the PMDG VC from vibrating.

It's possible this might have an effect on the Stop and Abort features, so we'll check this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2019, 11:24:40 am »
I guess your response is that it works okay but there is something in my configuration that is to blame.  What might that be?  Any suggestions?

You said it happens at FSDT KLAS.

- The precise, exact parking where this happens, please.

- The pushback direction you chose

- If you customized the airport or are using the default customization that comes with FSDT KLAS.

- if you customized the airport, provide information about your customization, especially if you customized the pushback.

downscc

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2019, 05:14:20 pm »
You said it happens at FSDT KLAS.

- The precise, exact parking where this happens, please.

- The pushback direction you chose

- If you customized the airport or are using the default customization that comes with FSDT KLAS.

- if you customized the airport, provide information about your customization, especially if you customized the pushback.

I don't recall but it was probably a PMDG B748 at Gate E 1, using FSDT AF file.  I have eight gates configured and didn't keep notes because it always happens.  More to the point is your previous post, I fully expect the problem to be related to the faux pushback event you push.  It behaves exactly like this, and when we attempt to stop or abort the pushback the faux pushback is remaining active.  That describes it exactly.

Rampi

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2019, 08:30:29 pm »
Well, I was referring to bugs in general - and you can't really decline that there definitely ARE more or less the same bugs since weeks, months and sometimes years.

I hope your future support will be more helpful and less mocking.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2019, 10:44:51 pm »
Well, I was referring to bugs in general - and you can't really decline that there definitely ARE more or less the same bugs since weeks, months and sometimes years.

Sorry, no. You can't just shout such generic sentence. If you want to have bugs fixed, you must file a proper bug report. A proper bug report it's something that starts with:

- A new thread which makes the problem easily to find in the future.

- A proper description of the problem, which can allow us to REPLICATE IT. A description of the problem always include the scenery used, the airplane used, any details about customization and, in general, any details which can allows us to REPLICATE IT or, at least, check if it IS a bug in the first place.

- Repeat this for each problem you think it's a bug, and make separate reports, each one in their own thread with the proper subject.

I hope your future support will be more helpful and less mocking.

I hope your future reports will be more helpful and accurate, which is the ONLY way to have this "bugs" to be fixed.