Author Topic: Controlling Pilots and Crew  (Read 2478 times)

Eisbahn

Controlling Pilots and Crew
« on: July 12, 2019, 12:35:36 pm »
Hello,
With P3D v4.5 and GSX 2, and aircraft CRJ-700, I am trying to reduce the number of crew members to two. I have written an xml gauge which sets the variables L:FSDT_GSX_CREW_NOT_BOARDING and L:FSDT_GSX_CREW_NOT_DEBOARDING to 2.
I get (as desired) two pilots and two crew members approaching the embedded stairs at the main door. However, two further crew members approach some invisible stairs behind the aircraft, climb these invisible stairs
and remain suspended in the air.
What am I doing wrong? Any help appreciated.

Eisbahn
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 12:38:15 pm by Eisbahn »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Controlling Pilots and Crew
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 11:46:41 am »
I think two lines in the documentation are missing, which lists missing variables:

FSDT_GSX_NUMPILOTS
FSDT_GSX_NUMCREW

They were supposed to be listed just before the paragraph that says:

If you set these variables to a number other than 0, you can control the number of pilots and the number of crew members that will Board/Deboard the airplane. They must be set before Boarding or Deboarding, usually together with the FSDT_GSX_NUMPASSENGERS. Don’t set them to 0 to stop the crew/pilots from boarding, there’s another variable for that. 0 it’s just the default value, which means “let GSX decide” so, right now, it will result in always 2 Pilots and 4 Crew members on a passenger airplane, and 2 Pilots and 1 Crew member (the loadmaster) on a Cargo airplane.

THESE variables can be set to a number, the number of pilots/crew you want to have.

The variables you set, the FSDT_GSX_CREW_NOT_BOARDING and L:FSDT_GSX_CREW_NOT_DEBOARDING are supposed to be either 0 or 1, and you set them to 1 if you don't want the pilots or crew to board/deboard during a turnaround. This IS explained in the documentation, but I agree that without the explanation of the first two, it can be confusing.

Eisbahn

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 12:22:50 pm »
Hello Umberto,

Thanks for the reply. Proving once again your excellent support.

Eisbahn
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 12:46:08 pm by virtuali »

Eisbahn

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 01:44:13 pm »
Hello Umberto,

Thanks for the reply. Proving once again your excellent support.

Eisbahn

Umberto, Unfortunately using these L: vars does not work. I still get 2 pilots and 4 crew.

Eisbahn

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 12:23:50 pm »
Umberto, Unfortunately using these L: vars does not work. I still get 2 pilots and 4 crew.

They surely do, otherwise FS Labs couldn't possibly have them working, since I think in their latest update, the number of pilots/crew is controlled by the airplane.

Eisbahn

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 11:37:05 am »
Hello Umberto,

Below is the xml code I am using. Could you please help me to solve why it is not working. Thank you.

<Element>
   <Select>
     <Value> (A:CANOPY OPEN,bool)</Value>
      <Case Value="1">
         {54 (>L:FSDT_GSX_NUMPASSENGERS)}
             {2 (>L:FSDT_GSX_NUMPILOTS)}
                  {3 (>L:FSDT_GSX_NUMCREW)}
           </Case>
   </Select>
</Element>

Eisbahn