Author Topic: GSX2 Update, Loading & Refuelling  (Read 3363 times)

Iceman II

GSX2 Update, Loading & Refuelling
« on: July 09, 2019, 04:32:04 am »
Hi,

Im really enjoying the update. I had to uninstall then reinstall to get everything working well. I really like the animation and new figures. The quality of equipment is just superb.. so well done FSDT.

Thanx to the update I’m now able to board the PAX while refueling however the baggage loaders don’t start loading until the refueling is completed.. can this be changed too please?

I was preparing my 747 last night for a longhaul where the fueling took a very long time (as it does in RL) but the loaders waited until the fueling was done.

My only complaint so far.. Hopefully this can get fixed.

Thanks
IM
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 06:02:30 pm by Iceman II »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX2 Update, Loading & Refuelling
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 06:57:08 pm »
Thanx to the update I’m now able to board the PAX while refueling however the baggage loaders don’t start loading until the refueling is completed.. can this be changed too please?

No, because otherwise the rear baggage loader would crash into either the refueling vehicle or the rear catering vehicle, since they can now be used at the same time.

Iceman II

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 12:07:56 am »

No, because otherwise the rear baggage loader would crash into either the refueling vehicle or the rear catering vehicle, since they can now be used at the same time.

Ok thanks for the reply.

Could there be a trigger to allow cargo loading when the truck is refueling using the left wing? (As is the case on a 777/747)

Maybe worth considering since you have proved how clever you are with all this ground stuff.

Anyway thanks Virtuali for such a great product.

IM

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 12:19:29 am »
Could there be a trigger to allow cargo loading when the truck is refueling using the left wing? (As is the case on a 777/747)

Still won't solve the issue of the possible clash with the rear catering, which is always on the right.

Iceman II

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019, 04:45:32 am »

Still won't solve the issue of the possible clash with the rear catering, which is always on the right.

Yeah... fare enough. Although in my case the catering has usually come and gone while the refueling is still taking place.

As the saying goes you can only please half the people half the time, so I’m happy with what I’ve got.

Thank you Virtuali
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 04:48:17 am by Iceman II »

woozie

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 11:41:50 am »
Problem with left wing tanking is that the fuel truck wont even show up if a jetway or stairs are already connected, took me ages to figure out. At least thats with the FSLA320

Iceman II

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2019, 01:07:29 pm »
Problem with left wing tanking is that the fuel truck wont even show up if a jetway or stairs are already connected, took me ages to figure out. At least thats with the FSLA320

That’s strange. I’ve moved the refueling truck to the left wing of the PMDG 747-400 without any issues. However once GSX senses fuel is going into to the Aircraft via the FMC Ground Ops functionality GSX calls for the truck which can take a few minutes to arrive. Once refueling is completed the truck leaves.

Im wondering if your 320 aircraft has completed refueling before the GSX fuel truck has had a chance to arrive. In my case I’m usually adding a 100 tonnes or more of fuel so the fuel truck has plenty of time to arrive and hook up.

Im yet to try a short haul flight and see if in fact that is the issue.  I’ll try the maddog on my next flight and report back.

From what you’re saying you have no issues when the truck is hooked up on the right wing? .... that is weird

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 12:06:56 am »
Guys, you must understand there's no sure way that everything will always work the same.

Vehicles don't always take the same time to arrive, because they don't always start from the same parking, and this depends how the airport is made so, you might see sometimes vehicles arriving at the same time, possibly clashing into each other, and sometime one might end up its service before the other one arrives.

So, we must plan for the worse, and assume they would always clash, and trying to prevent it.

woozie

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2019, 09:45:07 am »

That’s strange. I’ve moved the refueling truck to the left wing of the PMDG 747-400 without any issues. However once GSX senses fuel is going into to the Aircraft via the FMC Ground Ops functionality GSX calls for the truck which can take a few minutes to arrive. Once refueling is completed the truck leaves.

Im wondering if your 320 aircraft has completed refueling before the GSX fuel truck has had a chance to arrive. In my case I’m usually adding a 100 tonnes or more of fuel so the fuel truck has plenty of time to arrive and hook up.

Im yet to try a short haul flight and see if in fact that is the issue.  I’ll try the maddog on my next flight and report back.

From what you’re saying you have no issues when the truck is hooked up on the right wing? .... that is weird

The FSL A320 has full GSX integration, it calls services automatically, so there isn't really a sync problem. It works absolutely flawless with right wing fueling

Looks like this is some kind of safeguard system, as due to the size of the 747, ground vehicles are much more spread out. I assume that the system expects the fuel truck to collide with jetways and/or stairs and therefore doesnt call the fuel truck while those objects are connected.

Although i have the PMDG 747 i cant say much about left wing fueling as i'm using the PMDG fuel truck. Gonna give it a try with the GSX truck now that we have the Hydrant variant