Author Topic: Trying to put Serial Number - The Couatl scripting engine hasn't started  (Read 3322 times)

Moop888

Hello guys,

this is my first post here. Sorry for some mistakes in advance.

I have some problems with my gsx after updating it.

When I want to register the Serial of GSX and GSX Level 2 Expansion in the Addon Manager it shows this error:

"The Couatl scripting engine hasn't started. This is usually caused by an antivirus that has blocked it...."

I think you know this message.

I tried all of the things in this forum. Uninstalled the antivirus, turned the firewall off, uninstalled GSX and reinstalled it with the newest version, updated VC++, Couatl.exe --test in the cmd (no errors)...

I really don't know what's the problem here.

Please help me. :-\

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Is not very clear from your message but, it seems this happening only AFTER you try to register the software ? Meaning, it works fine until then ?

Or, you don't see the GSX menu not even at the first start, not even in Trial mode ?

Moop888

Thank you for your fast answer.

I only have Sode 1.6.4 and Addon Manager showed up.

When I go to GSX or GSX Level 2 Expansion in the Addon Manager, it says that the product is in TRIAL Mode

Even in the TRIAL Mode, i can't open the GSX Menu with F12

When I want to Register my Serial, it shows the error.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Ok, so your problem is not that Couatl disappears after trying to registering the Serial Number, which is what seemed to be the problem, but that it hasn't even started.

Again, there's nothing else than checking the antivirus, be sure you excluded the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning, and run the Live Update.

Moop888

I reinstalled GSX again, excluded the whole addon manager in the antivirus program, deactivated windows-firewall, deinstalled VPN-Software.. Nothing work.

Still get the same error. :/

Moop888

I just recognized something.

When I start P3D4 the Couatl appears in the Task-Manager. After the menu of P3D4 gets visible, the Couatl disappear from the task-manager.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
So your problem is not that Couatl doesn't start, but it crashes on start. Are you sure you don't see any errors ? Do you have something in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.err file ?

Please run the Live Update again, now.

Moop888

Did the Live Update. No changes. Couatl still crashes.

Couatl moves in the Task Manager from "Background processes" to "P3D4" then it disappears.

I got a 64-bit system and behind Couatl stands 32-bit. Could this be the problem?

Thank you for your help

Edit:

I don't see any Couatl.err file in &APPDATA%
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 09:10:04 am by Moop888 »

Moop888

To explain it more in detail, I attached a screenshot where Couatl starts normally.

Once I start the flight or the scenery is starting to load Couatl disappear in the task manager.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I don't see any Couatl.err file in &APPDATA%

Since I guess you cannot open the GSX interface, do this:

open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case L and a capital F )

- Save the file as couatl.ini in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder

- Delete %PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali again

- Run the sim, then exit after it disappear after the cache recreation.

- Check your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and if there's a Couatl.LOG file there, post its content

- DO NOT copy the file in a message, but use the "Attach" function of the forum to ZIP the log file and Attach it to a post.

Moop888

Did all the steps.

Thank you for your help!

Moop888

Ok, in the log file there is the hint that the connection to esellerate is not working.

I delete the esellerate.net lines in the HOSTS file in System32.

Now Couatl is not crashing and the GSX Menu appears in the sim!

Finally! Thank you for your great help! :)

Best regards,

Moop888