Author Topic: Addon Manager for FSX/P3d  (Read 5926 times)

Butch

Addon Manager for FSX/P3d
« on: August 04, 2019, 06:05:38 pm »
Sometimes in P3DV3.4 ALL the GSX dropdowns will disappear. Don't know why that happens; Only way to get them back was to install the GSX2 file.
Would the standalone addon manager restore the missing GSX drop downs in P3D? Or what is the best remedy for this situation?

I have both the basic GSX and the GSX 2 files. So would I have to of installed both files or one of them or what? In order to repopulate the missing
GSX related items from the  drop down GSX screen in P3D, is that doing things the hard way and perhaps just installing one of the VC++ libraries

I outlined in red those areas of the dropdown that disappeared and did a complete reinstall of GSX.
https://i.postimg.cc/YjKWBQmj/Untitled.jpg

I appreciate any info.

Thanks  
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 02:32:47 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Addon Manager for FSX/P3d
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 02:37:16 am »
Only way to get them back was to install the GSX2 file.

There's no need whatsoever to reinstall, if you are missing a menu. Menus don't disappear like that, surely not without an error message.

I have both the basic GSX and the GSX 2 files. So would I have to of installed both files or one of them or what?

There's no such thing as a "both" GSX and GSX 2 files, if with "files" you mean their own separate installer. There's just ONE GSX installer, which contains GSX+GSX L2 expansion, there hasn't been a "basic" GSX installer available on our site since we released the L2 expansion so, I don't understand what do you mean with this.

If you are using an old GSX installer you downloaded in the past (before L2 was included), please don't.

There's only one GSX installer, and it's the only one required.

But of course, it's surely not require to reinstall it over and over, just because the menus are disappeared. if they are, check the error log which is offered to you after an error and report it back.

Butch

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 02:06:41 pm »
I didn't know that after I purchased the basic GSX and subsequently Level 2 that there was just one program all along and that when I paid for the Level 2,
all I was getting was a reg number to insert to activate Level 2. So the basic GSX has a trial/crippled version all along till I entered the reg # for Level 2
to activate. When the addons "disappeared" from P3D, there wasn't any "visible" error message, just the stark fact that when I went to access the GSX
menus in P3D, they were gone.
https://i.postimg.cc/YjKWBQmj/Untitled.jpg

I also noticed that the AddonManager that is avail for download is for FS9 however, I read the fine print that
it is not required anymore. I know (and it is mentioned in your manual page 3) that during the GSX install, the ADDON module will install.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_addonmanager.html

So if in the future, the addons for GSX  disappear in P3D again, what do you suggest? I thought I read somewhere in one of these posts that
the problem may lay with issues with one of MS Visual C ++ program and maybe the need to reinstall one of them.
Not sure, but seems like there has to be easier way to restore missing GSX addon drop down menu bar(s) in P3D. then to reinstall whole program.
That seem drastic to me.

Another thing I read in the GSX install manual pg 16  (and this may and I say again may be relevant to the issue) Addon Manager is a Simconnect client application and if Simconnect, for any reason, doesn’t work or is not correctly installed, all addons depending on it, will stop working.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 01:50:00 am by virtuali »

Butch

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 04:10:33 pm »

There's only one GSX installer, and it's the only one required.
But of course, it's surely not require to reinstall it over and over, just because the menus are disappeared. if they are, check the error log which is offered to you after an error and report it back.

So where is this error log you mentioned? I was unaware of one and never saw one.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 01:50:27 am »
So where is this error log you mentioned? I was unaware of one and never saw one.

When there's an error, you are prompted to see the error details.

Butch

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2019, 01:11:06 pm »
When there's an error, you are prompted to see the error details.

That's nice to know however, in my situation, when the GSX addons disappeared from the ADDON Bar in P3d, I was not prompted to see any error details.
That's why I asked.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 07:07:33 pm by Butch »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2019, 08:02:35 pm »
That's nice to know however, in my situation, when the GSX addons disappeared from the ADDON Bar in P3d, I was not prompted to see any error details.

Sorry, but if they just "disappeared", without any reported log, it means they were crashed for reasons outside our control, like other add-ons in conflict.