Author Topic: Config File looks like different as in handbook  (Read 3377 times)

michaelengl

Config File looks like different as in handbook
« on: July 09, 2019, 03:41:44 pm »
I m using GSX with Level 2
Expansion pack.  I m not sure if I use the latest version. How can I check this?

Unfortunately, I can not set the boarding and loading time as in the manual. see image

What can I do,

best Michael

srcooke

Re: Config File looks like different as in handbook
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 03:57:39 pm »
Check the GSX level 2 expansion settings on page 28.
Regards
Stephen Cooke

michaelengl

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 04:13:55 pm »
Here is the side, what should I check? The GUI looks different as mine.
Best Michael

srcooke

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 04:29:57 pm »
Sorry referred to the wrong page, your entry is correct for GSX2 and as explained on page 26 works differently to that of base GSX.
Regards
Stephen Cooke

michaelengl

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 05:13:27 pm »

Actually, I just wanted to speed up the boarding time. Is that possible? I can not find a slider.
 Is it also possible to mount a gangway with GSX at an outdoor position or only with sode?

Best Michael

srcooke

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 05:27:02 pm »
From your first image you have the slider at sparse, increase the pax density to speed up boarding.
Regards
Stephen Cooke

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2019, 05:27:24 pm »
Actually, I just wanted to speed up the boarding time. Is that possible? I can not find a slider.

Quoting from the SAME page you quoted here:

Since passengers are now no longer simulated, but will appear as actual animated characters, the original timings in seconds/passenger will not be meaningful anymore: the time required to board passengers will be a combination of their walking speed and their density. Each passenger has its own walking speed, which depends by its animation and walking style, but it’s possible to control the passenger Density, which will affect the number of animated passengers visible on screen at any given time.

Is it also possible to mount a gangway with GSX at an outdoor position or only with sode?

What do you mean ?

michaelengl

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2019, 05:58:05 pm »
1. The Pax dense is very low, but GSX for example shows boarding of 160 people and it takes more the 20 min. I will reduce it in about 10 minutes.

2. I was on a position in EDDM where Sode was not available and now my passenger walks trough the air. Is there a solution with GSX to press a BUTTON for request a stair?
Best Michael

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2019, 06:40:16 pm »
1. The Pax dense is very low, but GSX for example shows boarding of 160 people and it takes more the 20 min. I will reduce it in about 10 minutes.

Have you READ my previous reply, which included a quote from the manual, clearly explaining why this is exactly what should happen, if you keep your density low ? I think you misunderstood what Passenger Density means. It doesn't mean "Less Passengers", the number of passengers is always the same. It means "Number of passengers seen at the same time on screen" so, clearly, the low you set it, the MORE it will take to board the SAME number of passengers, which never changes.

2. I was on a position in EDDM where Sode was not available and now my passenger walks trough the air. Is there a solution with GSX to press a BUTTON for request a stair?

If SODE is unavailable for some reason ( crashed, not installed, etc. ), GSX cannot transform a jetway gate with a non-jetway gate, otherwise you explicitly create a customization file for this airport and tell there's no jetway there, but of course it would be wrong to do this, just because for some reason SODE didn't work so, you must try to find the reason why SODE didn't work there.

I assume you are referring to an airport that comes with its own SODE jetways ?

michaelengl

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2019, 07:43:38 pm »
Thank you, now  I have understood it.

best Michael