Author Topic: installer doesnt recognize P3D 4  (Read 3048 times)

couger

installer doesnt recognize P3D 4
« on: July 04, 2019, 11:54:15 am »
this is the worst installer ever.   first I tried to use the live update tool and it wouldn't complete.  and when I go into p3d now coualti isn't loaded up any more.   I have downloaded the full installer from website and when I get to the page that says select sim to install to they are all greyed out.    so I click continue anyway but when it is done it still doesn't load in p3d.   its not in addns tab and it doesn't work when I press ctrl-f12.    and to make it worse you huys have given no instructions on how this should be installed properly.
why have you made the installer so complicated.  Im here to fly not to be a computer programmer.
why is it not recognizing my P3D 4.3

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: installer doesnt recognize P3D 4
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 11:57:52 am »
this is the worst installer ever.

The installer doens't have any problem, and your problem doesn't have anything to do with the installer.

why is it not recognizing my P3D 4.3

It's a PBR Update! You don't know P3D 4.3 doesn't support PBR ? You need at least 4.4, although it would be best to go to 4.5, since the rendering and colors in PBR looks better in 4.5.

Since you have 4.3, I suggest updating to 4.5 using the FULL installer, because going from 4.3 to 4.5 using just the Client will cause problems with PBR texture.

couger

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 12:14:08 pm »
I know this sounds stupid but what is PBR

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 12:45:54 pm »
Physically Based Rendering, which is a more realistic way for materials to react to the changing light conditions, which result in much more realistic graphic, more similar to those found in the latest game engines.

It was the main new feature added to P3D 4.4 but, in order to see the difference, add-ons must be updated to get advantage of it, textures must be remade and usually the modelling as well, to get the best results.

Which is exactly what we haven being doing for the past 6 months: update GSX to support PBR.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 12:02:41 am »
Since you have 4.3, I suggest updating to 4.5 using the FULL installer, because going from 4.3 to 4.5 using just the Client will cause problems with PBR texture.
As far as I know, the only thing that needs to be updated to get PBR to work are Client and Content. That was always the case even going from 4.3 to 4.4.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 12:21:49 pm »
As far as I know, the only thing that needs to be updated to get PBR to work are Client and Content. That was always the case even going from 4.3 to 4.4.

yes but, considering the Client+Content makes up for almost 90% of the size of the Full installer, it's just easier to go straight with the Full installer, and have only one installer to deal with.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2019, 06:39:47 pm »
yes but, considering the Client+Content makes up for almost 90% of the size of the Full installer, it's just easier to go straight with the Full installer, and have only one installer to deal with.
I guess that just comes down to personal preference. I've always avoided updating the scenery in case it caused a mess with all the sceneries I have, which could be incredibly difficult to try to trace down. I do use ORBX landclass, trees, and vectors, so I don't know if updating the scenery would mess all that up.
Captain Kevin