Author Topic: Inadequate passenger bus...  (Read 5852 times)

Jean-claude

Inadequate passenger bus...
« on: July 06, 2019, 12:36:33 pm »
I really had a good laugh this morning when boarding my passengers at Ibiza, a mini van arrived (I first thought some crew members had missed the first crew van...), a few passengers came out to board the plane, then more, still more, again more, a full load of 50 or so out of a van made for a maximum of 12 or so passengers... The second bus was OK, normal size, normal load, may be EasyJet wanted to save some money... ::)

How did you do that, piled them up on top of each other or what!!! :D

Great product in any case, a lot of fun, thanks for your continuous efforts to improve our hobby.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Inadequate passenger bus...
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 12:46:01 pm »
The problem is caused by having the passenger number not set early enough, so GSX already decided which bus to use, but the passenger number set by the airplane changed to the correct value when the smaller bus was already there.

It happens only with the FS Labs A320 GSX integration, and we have been discussing with FS Labs for a while and, the latest news is that it works fine now with the current released version of GSX, but for some reason it still happens to a couple of users.

Jean-claude

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 04:05:38 pm »
Many thanks for your prompt reply Umberto, as I very rarely use the ramp for boarding, almost exclusively the gateways, that's probably why I never noticed it before!

Having said that, perhaps there could be a reason for me to be among the few having this problem: I noticed that when I run the FSDT update tool, systematically it fetches all the latest 370 files of the new GSX.

Initially, I only downloaded and installed the update on my previous GSX 2, but I had the same result, each time the update would again include the same files, so I uninstalled GSX and re-installed the full product, but no joy, this morning again I had 370 files to download.

Since GSX works perfectly (new refueling, new views, etc), I did not bother to report, but the mishap of this morning rings a bell. What do you think? Is there something I should do to eliminate this permanent redundant update?

Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 04:08:34 pm »
Having said that, perhaps there could be a reason for me to be among the few having this problem: I noticed that when I run the FSDT update tool, systematically it fetches all the latest 370 files of the new GSX.

There's no such thing as "370 files". There are 370 steps, but I doubt you are getting ALL files from ALL steps EACH TIME. That would mean you have installed each and every FSDT product, and it was required to update them *all*

Only once, of course.

After the first big update, you are supposed to see only a few files coming up here and there, mostly from GSX, since we are constantly updating new fixes as users report them, but surely not all files from all the 370 steps.

Of course, it's entirely normal the update would *check* all the 370 steps, but it shouldn't download much.

Jean-claude

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 04:18:53 pm »
Thanks again for the clarification. I just run the updater once more and downloaded only 7 files out of the 370 steps. I had a lot more downloads this morning, but I did not count them so i cannot give a more precise feedback.
Enjoy your week-end!

trisho0

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 09:11:52 pm »
The problem is caused by having the passenger number not set early enough, so GSX already decided which bus to use, but the passenger number set by the airplane changed to the correct value when the smaller bus was already there.

It happens only with the FS Labs A320 GSX integration, and we have been discussing with FS Labs for a while and, the latest news is that it works fine now with the current released version of GSX, but for some reason it still happens to a couple of users.
I didn't know about this procedures of "The problem is caused by having the passenger number not set early enough"
How and where to set passenger number?

disco79stu

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2019, 12:14:04 am »

Well, I'm sorry but if it's still happening to a couple of users (I am one of them) it's neither fine nor fixed in my opinion.
Are you still investigating this? Still happens to me every time...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 12:18:46 am »
I didn't know about this procedures of "The problem is caused by having the passenger number not set early enough" How and where to set passenger number?

It's not you, it's the airplane code and, as I've said, we already discussed this with FS Labs, and with the latest update, they seem to be unable to replicate it. In fact, the problem was reported to us during the Beta, but it was also reported as fixed before we released the update officially.

And yes, FS Labs is saying they still have some users reporting this, but it's not clear why so, I can only assume it's related in the way you used the GSX integration from the airplane.

disco79stu

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2019, 09:24:55 am »
I didn't know about this procedures of "The problem is caused by having the passenger number not set early enough" How and where to set passenger number?

It's not you, it's the airplane code and, as I've said, we already discussed this with FS Labs, and with the latest update, they seem to be unable to replicate it. In fact, the problem was reported to us during the Beta, but it was also reported as fixed before we released the update officially.

And yes, FS Labs is saying they still have some users reporting this, but it's not clear why so, I can only assume it's related in the way you used the GSX integration from the airplane.

Well, spent A couple of hours testing every combination I could think of, and right now on my system it looks like I only get the wrong mini-van when I use GSX refueling. It doesn't matter how long I wait between the fuel truck and boarding (tried immediately, waited for the truck to vanish completely and everything in between), as long as I used "via GSX" for refueling, I got the mini van on first passenger delivery.

When I used FsLab‘s "manual", "instant" or "automatic" refueling options (didn't matter how much fuel is in the tanks when I called for boarding) I got the correct, large bus.

I don't know if this helps or if this is just me, maybe somebody get the correct bus AND gsx refueling, but on my system it looks like the fuel truck is causing the problem. not the number of passengers.

Regards,
Stu

Tobus

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2019, 10:16:08 am »
I have the same issue with the MJ Dash8q400, when pax# is not estimated but put in manually (apparently not quickly enough).

disco79stu

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2019, 10:25:46 am »
I have the same issue with the MJ Dash8q400, when pax# is not estimated but put in manually (apparently not quickly enough).

But why does it work without the fuel truck then?
When I call for boarding without the fuel truck it works.
When I wait for the fuel ruck to finish completely and call for boarding then, I get the mini-van.
When I call the fuel truck and boarding at the same time, I get the mini-van.
When I call the fuel truck and wait until the fuel truck vanishes conpletely from the scene and wait an couple of minutes on top, i still get the mini van.

The truck is messing something up.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2019, 12:12:35 pm »
The truck is messing something up.

Does it happen with a default airplane ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2019, 12:37:33 pm »

Is this happening only with that specific airplane ( setting the passenger number manually ) ?

alby54

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2019, 03:07:02 pm »
Hi, I would like to mention that it doesn't happen only with FSLAB but also with Aerosoft A319 (and I guess with the rest of the Aerosoft Airbus fleet). In my case, the only way to get the correct bus is enabling "Estimate Passenger Number” and having "Multiple trip" disabled. All other combinations call for the 6 seat bus from which 27 passengers are getting off. I believe that somehow it's happening the same exact thing for FSLAB: the delayed AUW output from the Aerosoft Airbus.   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2019, 03:12:19 pm »
Hi, I would like to mention that it doesn't happen only with FSLAB but also with Aerosoft A319

The reason of this problem is caused by a GSX optimization that, to save time, doesn't re-scan all the available vehicles *each* time you select a different GSX service, but only on the first one requested so, if you select Fuel or Catering before Deboarding or Boarding, the passenger number hasn't been set by the airplane yet (because it will be done only during Boarding/Deboarding), but the passenger bus vehicle has been already decided, at least for the first trip.

FS Labs is aware of this, and I think they'll publish a small update to fix this, by setting a default passenger number which is high enough for a Bus when the airplane starts.