Author Topic: Couatl doesn´t start anymore after 2nd P3D4.5 start  (Read 1774 times)

blaunarwal

• Computerpilot since FS4 (1990)
Couatl doesn´t start anymore after 2nd P3D4.5 start
« on: July 06, 2019, 08:13:09 am »
I did a fresh install (the 3rd time) of the latest GSX version, updated it. Also windows virus scanner was disabled and exclusions for Addon Manager and Couatl are set.

If I try to edit a parking spot in the sim, the editor does not start completely. Something comes up and goes the next moment. I can try again but the editor does not come back. Couatl is still running and I can see the menu. After I restart of the sim, no jetways are visible. A check in the menu shows no GSX is loaded. I guess there is a protocol, showing what happened, but i didn´t find it. I also checked the manual but with no help on this.

I don´t want to reinstall GSX every day. What can I do?

Dan
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 09:17:51 am by blaunarwal »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl doesn´t start anymore after 2nd P3D4.5 start
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 11:17:22 am »
Reinstalling GSX cannot obviously make any difference to this.

From your description of the problem, it seems you started the GSX or the editor too quickly after starting a new session, restarting Couatl or switching airplane (which are basically the same thing), or when moving from airport to airport with the Go To Airport menu. It might take a while for GSX to start, especially if the airport has many jetways and, if you open the GSX menu when is still not ready, it will likely lock up.

We'll try to make some kind of check of not accepting any hotkeys before the program had completely loaded and generated all jetways in a future update but, in the meantime, you can use this method to know if GSX is ready to accept commands:

- keep the parking brakes set, on a gate

- do what you need to do, like moving to an airport, changing airplane, etc.

- wait for the TRAFFIC CONES to appear (don't use an airplane that has the GSX traffic cones disabled because it comes with its own), or the Fuel Manhole to appear (only if there's a jetway).

When you see either of the two above appearing, you can be sure GSX has loaded entirely and it's ready to work.

blaunarwal

• Computerpilot since FS4 (1990)
Re: Couatl doesn´t start anymore after 2nd P3D4.5 start
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 08:32:37 pm »
Reinstalling GSX cannot obviously make any difference to this.

From your description of the problem, it seems you started the GSX or the editor too quickly after starting a new session, restarting Couatl or switching airplane (which are basically the same thing), or when moving from airport to airport with the Go To Airport menu. It might take a while for GSX to start, especially if the airport has many jetways and, if you open the GSX menu when is still not ready, it will likely lock up.

We'll try to make some kind of check of not accepting any hotkeys before the program had completely loaded and generated all jetways in a future update but, in the meantime, you can use this method to know if GSX is ready to accept commands:

- keep the parking brakes set, on a gate

- do what you need to do, like moving to an airport, changing airplane, etc.

- wait for the TRAFFIC CONES to appear (don't use an airplane that has the GSX traffic cones disabled because it comes with its own), or the Fuel Manhole to appear (only if there's a jetway).

When you see either of the two above appearing, you can be sure GSX has loaded entirely and it's ready to work.

Well, that´s exactly what I did but GSX does not work on my system! It was working perfectly until this PBR update.
I will not further investigate the problem for now, but uninstall GSX2 and all FSDT sceneries, which have become unregistered during these GSX trials. I don´t know why but this shouldn´t happen I  think.

P.S.

Uninstalling every FSDT product and then reinstall starting with GSX2 made it work again. Just in case, someone is interested.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 09:32:47 pm by blaunarwal »