Author Topic: AFT passenger staircase PMDG737NGX gap to airplane  (Read 2218 times)

Andreasmb

AFT passenger staircase PMDG737NGX gap to airplane
« on: July 04, 2019, 03:08:00 pm »
Hello,

1st of all tks ever so much for the marvellous update, just great stuff that is.

Not shure if this is replicable from yr side, or if its a fault on my side, or I need to configure something. Before the update the aft staircase properly docked to the PMDG 737NGX without a gap. Now after update it does not. Front stair does, aft not, as can be seen in enclosed screenshot.

Could you kindly let me know what you think of this or what I do wrong?

Tks, rgds
Andreas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: AFT passenger staircase PMDG737NGX gap to airplane
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 03:13:20 pm »
Have you verified if the door position is correct in the GSX airplane configuration editor ?

Andreasmb

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 06:41:30 pm »
Will check. reverting. tks

Andreasmb

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 07:06:22 pm »
Hi Umberto,

before checking if the door position is correct in the GSX airplane configuration editor I thought why not to check the other 3 optional stairs DHL, Eurowings and Condor how they "behave".

They are all three of them behaving fine ( see encl. screenshots), so the WISAG AFT one is the one not behaving so well as per screenshot sent previously.

My question now is : can I individually recorrect the WISAG stair in config editor? I think not, but you are the boss....pls let me know. tks.

Or does the WISAG AFT stair need some "treatment" from yr side to behave?

tks for yr assist here.

Andreas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2019, 08:31:27 pm »
They are all three of them behaving fine ( see encl. screenshots), so the WISAG AFT one is the one not behaving so well as per screenshot sent previously. 

My question now is : can I individually recorrect the WISAG stair in config editor? I think not, but you are the boss....pls let me know. tks.

What you see is just...not possible. Simply because there's no such thing as a "Wisag stair" or a "Eurowings stair", they are exactly the SAME model. In FSX and in previous version, they used to be the SAME model, with a different livery ( a repaint ).

In P3D4 with PBR, there's not even a repaint anymore, the logo is drawn on the texture using DirectX, but this cannot possibly affect where the stairs moves or how far it extends.

The only possibly explanation I have, is there was some kind of glitch on THAT session you used the Wisag stair, maybe the simulator was temporarily overloaded by commands and didn't get the message to control the staircase animation.

Andreasmb

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2019, 11:57:52 am »
Hi Umberto, noted & tks for explanation.
Andreas