Author Topic: GSX with PBR doesn't work  (Read 3755 times)

Vortexbf

GSX with PBR doesn't work
« on: July 01, 2019, 05:50:19 pm »
I followed your instructions to install the new version with PBR. Instead of proceeding with the update only, I uninstalled the entire program and installed the new one directly. The installation procedure seems to be ok, but when I start the sim I no longer see the jetways and the Couatl menu does not appear with the various choices (boarding, deboarding, etc.), both from the P3D4.5 menu and with the CTRL shoucourt + F12.
I also tried to recharge the Couatl but GSX doesn't work. I also noticed that the Live Updater cannot be used now after the update - just terminates immediately after start.
How can I solve the problem?
Thank you.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 05:54:02 pm by Vortexbf »

mwyatt

Re: GSX with PBR doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 06:21:02 pm »
Hi. I also have exactly this problem. Posted elsewhere on this forum, but no reply yet.
I have had to do a "restore" from a backup to get me back to "before" the update.
I hope somebody can fix  the problem
Martin.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 06:31:45 pm »
Nothing of what you report can be replicated here but, as usual, the first thing to try, is to install using the current Full installer.

Vortexbf

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 06:57:12 pm »
I use Full installer from the site (I download directly the version of GSX Level 2 Expansion) but I always have the same problem, GSX doesn't work.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 07:00:25 pm »
Do you see BOTH the Addon Manager and Couatl/GSX menus under the Addons menu ? If not, the thread named "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**" thread lists all the known solutions for any missing libraries or problems caused by antivirus, etc:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

Vortexbf

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2019, 10:53:35 pm »
Do you see BOTH the Addon Manager and Couatl/GSX menus under the Addons menu ? If not, the thread named "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**" thread lists all the known solutions for any missing libraries or problems caused by antivirus, etc:

Yes, I have Addon Manager and Couatl/GSX menus under the Addons menu, but when I try to open the GSX menu to choose boarding, debording, etc., the options menu does not appear. I also don't have Jetways anymore. In practice as if the program was not installed.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 10:57:14 pm by Vortexbf »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2019, 11:00:58 pm »
In practice as if the program was not installed.

No, it doesn't resemble a not installed program at all. That would result in missing menus, which is why I asked if you had the menus.

Try the solution discussed in this thread, maybe your problem is similar:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,21060.0.html

Driver170

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2019, 12:01:20 am »

Yes, I have Addon Manager and Couatl/GSX menus under the Addons menu, but when I try to open the GSX menu to choose boarding, debording, etc., the options menu does not appear. I also don't have Jetways anymore. In practice as if the program was not installed.

This also happened to me. I need to go into the top menu bar to open up GSX user interface in p3d

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2019, 12:04:19 am »
This also happened to me. I need to go into the top menu bar to open up GSX user interface in p3d

If the GSX menu comes up from the top menu bar, but doesn't when pressing the hotkey, it's a sure indication that:

- GSX is 100% working fine

AND

- There's a key conflict with another addon so, you must either change the hotkey in that other addon, or change it in GSX from the Coautl->Key Mapping menu, and being sure the key you choose is not used by anything else.

Driver170

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2019, 12:15:37 am »
Totally understand but after I select it from the menu it starts working again though?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2019, 01:03:26 am »
Totally understand but after I select it from the menu it starts working again though?

You mean the hotkey starts working again ? It might be or not a key conflict, because it's possible that starting GSX from the menu gave the key the other addon took back to GSX.

But it might also be the simple issue of having pressed the GSX hotkey too early, when GSX wasn't ready yet.  A sure indication of when GSX is ready, is that all its SODE jetways (assuming you are on an airport with GSX SODE jetways) have been loaded. Only then, you can be sure GSX is read to respond to the menu.

Vortexbf

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2019, 08:50:22 pm »
I Umberto,
I solved. For those with the same problem, I discovered that it depended on the installation folder. I created a folder with the name GSX and inside I installed the Addon Manager folder. In doing so it is wrong.
Trying to install the program again, I left the Addon Manager folder only (as automatically proposed by the program) and now everything seems to work correctly.
Thanks for the support.

Driver170

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2019, 12:20:55 pm »

If the GSX menu comes up from the top menu bar, but doesn't when pressing the hotkey, it's a sure indication that:

- GSX is 100% working fine

AND

- There's a key conflict with another addon so, you must either change the hotkey in that other addon, or change it in GSX from the Coautl->Key Mapping menu, and being sure the key you choose is not used by anything else.

Hi, Now its not showing if i go into menu bar? I need to restart couatl

Using GSX L2 at LPMA only got GSX