Author Topic: Question about a Windows message during updating  (Read 2066 times)

lucagigli

Question about a Windows message during updating
« on: July 04, 2019, 12:09:58 pm »
I own both Gsx and GsX 2. I've updated them with the Fsdt Live update. I had a Windows message during the updating process at step 12, about something that cannot be 0 and saying something about minimum and maximun, and to click OK. I've done it and the updating continued. Is an issue or everything is it ok?

Thank you

Luca

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Question about a Windows message during updating
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 12:46:58 pm »
That error has been already fixed in the current version of the Update, and it wasn't a serious error, since it only affected an optimization: the update would still work, just it would run more slowly.

lucagigli

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 12:53:47 pm »
So can I run again Live update to correct it?

Luca

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 12:57:10 pm »
In general, you should always run the Live Update first, to be sure you have the most current updates installer, and *then* report of any errors, if you still have some immediately after running it.

lucagigli

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2019, 01:00:41 pm »
When I've read on web about the new version of GsX to install as a free update with Live update, I've runned it. I had that error message doing that and this is why I've asked information about it. Now I know what is that error message.

Thank you

Luca

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2019, 01:04:13 pm »
The meaning of my reply was:

before posting a question on the forum, immediately run the Live Update first so, in case the problem you found initially was already fixed (it usually is), it could spare you from making the question in the first place.