Author Topic: Clarification  (Read 2069 times)

SørenRas

Clarification
« on: July 03, 2019, 03:39:57 pm »
Hi,

When you talk about download of the FULL installer for GSX, do you mean the GSX Level 2 Expansion pack only or should the GSX (basic) be installed as well (2 installs)?

What confuses me is that if only the GSX Level 2 Expansion pack is required to install, why does it then say on the info page for the expansion pack that

quote:

IMPORTANT - This is not a Stand-Alone product! It's an expansion for GSX, which won't work unless GSX is already active

unquote

Or should I look for another FULL installer package, and then which?

rgds
Søren

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Clarification
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 03:44:14 pm »
When you talk about download of the FULL installer for GSX, do you mean the GSX Level 2 Expansion pack only or should the GSX (basic) be installed as well (2 installs)?

Since there's only one installer, it's not as if you can go wrong, the download link on both GSX and GSX L2 pages points to exactly the same file so, even if you don't understand which one is which, it's impossible to get the "wrong" one by mistake, since they both points to the same file.

IMPORTANT - This is not a Stand-Alone product! It's an expansion for GSX, which won't work unless GSX is already active

It means you must BUY a Separate License for GSX L2, and it won't work if you don't have a GSX base license already. But they are coming together, in the same installer (the one and only GSX Full installer we have), so they will separately work in Trial or Full version, depending on the status of their individual Licenses.

Well, in fact, there are *two* installers now, one for FSX and one for P3D4, but I guess that should be abundantly clear.

SørenRas

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 04:03:54 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Thanks.

Everything works perfectly now after your changes to the Live updater.
Just to be on the safe side, I also changed the install location from H:\GSX to H:\FSDT - don't know if that's important now after the update.

rgds
Søren

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2019, 04:05:45 pm »
Just to be on the safe side, I also changed the install location from H:\GSX to H:\FSDT - don't know if that's important now after the update

Not required anymore, but it might just look weird if you install an FSDT scenery, like KJFK, which would end up under H:\GSX\Fsdreamteam\KFJK, which might look a bit confusing, but it will certainly work now.