Author Topic: Type of tow truck  (Read 2118 times)

DanilaZaytsev

Type of tow truck
« on: July 03, 2019, 07:16:45 pm »
Hello!
Can someone please tell me how to change the type of tow truck?  I have all tugs with tow bar, in the Configurator in the simulator I did not find how to change it. And in the config file, I do not know on what it is necessary to change the push back parameter at me costs there 2.

mwyatt

Re: Type of tow truck
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 07:50:57 pm »
I to would be interested in the answer to this question.
I have a scenerio where sometimes I get the tow truck with bar, at startup, at at other times the barless tow truck. Would love to know how to make the scenerio always start with the new bush back truck.
P.S. Many thanks for fixing the update files. All good now.
Martin.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 07:52:31 pm by mwyatt »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 01:30:22 pm »
Quoting from the GSX manual, Page 20:

There are different tow truck vehicles available in GSX, smaller tractors with a single driver, or larger models, some using a towbar, other with a more modern towbar-less design. Some models have a place for the wingwalker to stand on, but on smaller models, the wingwalker will approach the airplane walking aside the tow truck. They are chosen depending on your airplane weight.

When MORE than one tow truck model satisfies the conditions for airplane weight and in some cases parking size as well ( the larger truck won't appear on smaller parking spots ), the type is chosen at random between all the matching candidates.

mwyatt

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 02:19:04 pm »
Hi Virtuali, many thanks for the reply and your explanation.
Martin.