Author Topic: Error while loading the default jetway at start.  (Read 2326 times)

fly4w4y

Error while loading the default jetway at start.
« on: July 03, 2019, 12:50:35 pm »
Hello,

I am following my message posted yesterday in the wrong section. Could you please provide me a link to the previous GSX 2 version (before PBR), because it worked perfectly well with a stable version of P3D 4.5 !!!
You will understand that the PBR has no interest if I can't get GSX 2 to work properly after the update  >:(

After exhausting many solutions, uninstallations, reinstallations (P3D Client, ini profiles to off, delete couatl,...), browsing the forum for hours, nothing changes. Couatl systematically crashes, regardless of the aircraft or airport selected.
Attached is the error log file.

Thank you very much,
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 01:58:43 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Error while loading the default jetway at start.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 01:58:12 pm »
Your problem is not obviously caused by any supposed "instability" of GSX 2.6, which is far more stable than 2.5 ever was.

The error in your log seems to be caused by something that shouldn't simply happen, since it says GSX cannot load an object which is SURELY included in the installer so, it's not possible this can be an installer problem.

What might have happened, is that something in your system has prevented the installer from updating the add-on.xml file with the path to the new PBR objects, which is really the only possible explanation for not being able to load that object, which is the most important of the whole GSX: the default replacement jetway so, you can be sure it's there.

Some possible reasons for the add-on.xml not being updated are:

- the file became read-only for some reason. We surely don't set it like that, so it must have gone read-only because of some other program. Another user reported a similar problem.

- the file went was corrupted on your system, so our installer couldn't update it (it's not possible to update a corrupted xml )

If you could post your add-on.xml file located here:

Documents\Prepar3d v4 Addons\Fsdreamteam\Addon Manager\add-on.xml

I could check it if it's corrupted, but only you can verify it it's read-only on your system. DO NOT post the file content. ZIP it first, and Attach it to a post.

fly4w4y

Re: Error while loading the default jetway at start.
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 02:10:46 pm »
Here it is... Thank you for your answer.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2019, 02:53:04 pm »
Your add-on.xml seems fine but, is GSX *actually* installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2019, 05:20:44 pm »
I reinstalled GSX 2 in my P3D directory

You shouldn't install into the sim.

and have made a modification into "regedit"

You shouldn't set the registry key manually as well, because the installer will do that for you. When you say you made a "modification", do you mean you had to change a key which was already there, but with the wrong value ? Which was ?

Maybe the issue is that, for some reason, the installer cannot write in the registry, which is of course not normal, since that's the user registry, so it should always be accessible.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 06:25:33 pm by virtuali »

fly4w4y

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2019, 06:24:07 pm »
Okay,

Now, GSX 2 is reinstalled on the same SSD as P3D and the entry in regedit is correct: it leads to ...\FsDreamTeam\AddonManager.

Everything is working perfectly, thank you for your answers.