Author Topic: PBR does not work  (Read 4111 times)

Danielgarzag

PBR does not work
« on: July 02, 2019, 10:53:40 pm »
For some reason, all vehicles of GSX are very dark and no PBR reflections are present.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PBR does not work
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 11:00:29 pm »
Doesn't happen, and nobody else reported it before.

Somebody reported transparent vehicles, which of course are not a GSX problem, but a problem with graphic settings which is usually fixed by recreating the shaders, so you might want to try the same. Also, be sure you have NOT set the "Disable RTT" option in the Addon Manager, because otherwise logos won't show. Changing this option requires a simulator restart.

Danielgarzag

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 11:05:08 pm »
Doesn't happen, and nobody else reported it before.

Somebody reported transparent vehicles, which of course are not a GSX problem, but a problem with graphic settings which is usually fixed by recreating the shaders, so you might want to try the same. Also, be sure you have NOT set the "Disable RTT" option in the Addon Manager, because otherwise logos won't show. Changing this option requires a simulator restart.

You told me to recreate the shaders earlier, I did that along with removing the P3D.cfg to make GSX work which it did, just that I already redid the shaders. Still happens.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 11:32:57 pm »
you haven't said if you tried this:

Be sure you have NOT set the "Disable RTT" option in the Addon Manager, because otherwise logos won't show. Changing this option requires a simulator restart.

Danielgarzag

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2019, 12:39:36 am »
you haven't said if you tried this:

Be sure you have NOT set the "Disable RTT" option in the Addon Manager, because otherwise logos won't show. Changing this option requires a simulator restart.

Logos do show, it is disabled. But the vehicles are still dark and no reflections of PBR are shown.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2019, 01:09:11 am »
Logos do show, it is disabled. But the vehicles are still dark and no reflections of PBR are shown.

Then you have another problem which doesn't have anything to do with GSX, which is causing problem to the textures.

Remember a short while agao, when you first were absolutely "sure" GSX didn't work and it was "surely" a GSX problem, because it didn't even start, and, instead, turned out to be it WAS a problem of your settings, because after you finally followed my suggestion of resetting files of the simulator, GSX started to work, clearly proving it wasn't GSX after all ?

This is the same, just you have to find what *other* problem you have in your installation, which is causing this. It's not GSX, just like it wasn't GSX before.

No need to add, nobody has reported black texture yet.

Danielgarzag

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2019, 01:11:54 am »
I have PBR problems, I tried to download the new QW 77 PBR update but the fuselage with PBR does not appear, meaning that PBR is not working on my system. I don't know and have no idea what is causing this.

The cargo boxes are not totally black, they are dark brown and still, have texture, but not the reflections etc that were shown in the trailer.

DrJ1

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2019, 03:07:28 am »
Using any shader mods such as tomato shade?  Folks over at PMDG had quite a bit to say about these mods causing issues such as brown looking metal surfaces.  I believe there was also some talk over in the LM forums about P3D having some issues with metallic textures at night....

Danielgarzag

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2019, 05:39:57 am »
Using any shader mods such as tomato shade?  Folks over at PMDG had quite a bit to say about these mods causing issues such as brown looking metal surfaces.  I believe there was also some talk over in the LM forums about P3D having some issues with metallic textures at night....

I do, the PMDG aircraft look normal and great with it along with the reflection profiles. But the GSX vehicles don't reflect as shown. Meaning that PBR is not working for me, how can I fix this??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2019, 09:53:07 am »
I do, the PMDG aircraft look normal and great with it along with the reflection profiles. But the GSX vehicles don't reflect as shown. Meaning that PBR is not working for me, how can I fix this??

I agree with PMDG stance against those modifications: they were made for a time when PBR wasn't even there, trying to achieve the "PBR-look" in older version of the sim. They are not required now, and shouldn't be used, because the alter the shaders in ways that might not correct for PBR.

Ankh

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2019, 09:57:48 am »
Usually, non-working PBR is simply related to the fact that the update of Prepar3d from v4.3 to v4.4 was done using only the client update. It is mandatory to also update the content to v4.4, otherwise no PBR or only with the described errors here. Sadly, this was never clearly communicated by LM itself.

So, I suggest to update the content to your current Prepar3d version for PBR to work, if you use 4.4 or 4.5. This should solve the issue...

Danielgarzag

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2019, 08:11:14 pm »
Usually, non-working PBR is simply related to the fact that the update of Prepar3d from v4.3 to v4.4 was done using only the client update. It is mandatory to also update the content to v4.4, otherwise no PBR or only with the described errors here. Sadly, this was never clearly communicated by LM itself.

So, I suggest to update the content to your current Prepar3d version for PBR to work, if you use 4.4 or 4.5. This should solve the issue...

Yeah I knew about that, problem is. I can't unstall my client or install the newer version.

Ankh

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2019, 12:05:51 pm »
And why?