Author Topic: "The Path Is Not Of A Legal Form"  (Read 6481 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: "The Path Is Not Of A Legal Form"
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2019, 06:37:33 pm »
Here you go Umberto.

I'm sorry but, you made a log for the first updater again.

DispatchRandy

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2019, 06:55:03 pm »

Now it wont produce a log.txt

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2019, 06:58:08 pm »

Because you made the same mistake again, of not following my procedure exactly, skipping those two steps:

Go the the Addon Manager folder with the Window File Explorer

- Open a new command prompt there, by typing "CMD" and then Enter on the blank address bar on top of the explorer windows.

You haven't done that, so the command prompt opened to the default location, which is your user folder, and the updater is just not there.

997r8v10

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2019, 07:35:49 pm »

Because you made the same mistake again, of not following my procedure exactly, skipping those two steps:

Go the the Addon Manager folder with the Window File Explorer

- Open a new command prompt there, by typing "CMD" and then Enter on the blank address bar on top of the explorer windows.

You haven't done that, so the command prompt opened to the default location, which is your user folder, and the updater is just not there.

I tried it as well. The second updater doesn't take a log switch...
Prithvi Shivaraman

997r8v10

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2019, 08:02:29 pm »
Umberto, could this be related to a P3D v4 Registry path issue? I am having the same issue and I remember using a migration tool a long time ago. I deleted all the other p3d versions from the registry, but the Lockheed Martin folder in the registry is found 4 times...
Prithvi Shivaraman

DispatchRandy

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2019, 08:30:45 pm »
Umberto.

Below are screenshots of the process I am using.

If you would like to give me a step by step process from how to launch Windows File Explore to the final step I need to do I will be glad to do that so we can get this resolved.

The last screenshot I now get the  "The Path Is Not Of A Legal Form" message.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2019, 11:36:22 pm »
Have you tried the very latest update ? We just found a problem related to orphaned simulator keys ( possibly caused by a Migration Tool ), the new updater should be able to deal with.

DispatchRandy

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2019, 07:45:33 pm »

Umberto,

I have gotten the update installed but still when I go to launch it from the APP Icon I still get 3 boxes saying "The Path Is Not Of A Legal Form" If I click through the messages I will come to the update screen and the update proceeds till done. It appears as though my FSDT scenery's are updated as I have all the functions inside the sim.

So I tried to do the CMD thing and here is what I am still getting .

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2019, 10:09:39 pm »
I have gotten the update installed but still when I go to launch it from the APP Icon I still get 3 boxes saying "The Path Is Not Of A Legal Form" If I click through the messages I will come to the update screen and the update proceeds till done. It appears as though my FSDT scenery's are updated as I have all the functions inside the sim.

It's normal you will get THAT (now correct) message: it's useful for you to know that something's wrong with your registry. But compared to the initial release, the program now doesn't panic and, after giving that message, will consider the simulator as NOT installer, and will continue normally.