Author Topic: New PBR Update- Cargo Containers Bug  (Read 11016 times)

rfelger

New PBR Update- Cargo Containers Bug
« on: July 02, 2019, 08:55:11 pm »
Greetings, after the new update, when loading/unloading cargo aircraft, specifically UPS handling, the ground equipment all says UPS but the containers being loaded say Jet Aviation.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: New PBR Update- Cargo Containers Bug
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 09:00:02 pm »
This has been discussed and answered many times: the handling operator doesn't have any effect on the choice of ULDs. That is driven by the atc_airplane_codes in the AIRCRAFT.CFG, assuming your airplane has them.

rfelger

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 09:08:00 pm »
That's Interesting because it never happened prior to this update. The containers always said UPS on them prior. I've done well over 100 flights with the PMDG 747-8 UPS livery- Containers all said UPS every time.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 09:09:18 pm »
That's Interesting because it never happened prior to this update. The containers always said UPS on them prior. I've done well over 100 flights with the PMDG 747-8 UPS livery- Containers all said UPS every time.

Does the airplane has UPS in the atc_parking_code lines in its aircraft.cfg ?

rfelger

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 09:10:52 pm »
Ill have to check that when i get home. What exactly should that line look like?

Thanks!

pilot3033

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 09:33:18 pm »

Does the airplane has UPS in the atc_parking_code lines in its aircraft.cfg ?

I can confirm this cargo container issue. I have several Airbus aircraft with "atc_parking_codes = AAL" that previously got the right logo, but now only get Jet Aviation.

pilot3033

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 10:19:47 pm »
I took a video showing the issue:
https://streamable.com/pb7tj

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2019, 10:37:10 pm »
Instead of a screenshot, please post you actual aircraft.cfg file ZIPPED, Attached to a post. I must check if there's something wrong with it, so it might have been skipped.

pilot3033

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2019, 10:44:41 pm »
Instead of a screenshot, please post you actual aircraft.cfg file ZIPPED, Attached to a post. I must check if there's something wrong with it, so it might have been skipped.

I will do that, but this is happening on every aircraft with cargo containers, not just the airbus.

pilot3033

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2019, 10:53:54 pm »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2019, 10:59:08 pm »
The only thing a bit unusual in your aircraft.cfg ( I only checked the aerosoft version ), is that tabs and spaces are used inconsistently, sometimes there are spaces, sometimes tabs and sometimes both in the same line, including the line that contains the atc_parking_codes.

I'm not sure if this could be a problem or not, you might try fixing it.

In the meantime, we'll do some further checks on our own.

pilot3033

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2019, 11:17:34 pm »
The only thing a bit unusual in your aircraft.cfg ( I only checked the aerosoft version ), is that tabs and spaces are used inconsistently, sometimes there are spaces, sometimes tabs and sometimes both in the same line, including the line that contains the atc_parking_codes.

I'm not sure if this could be a problem or not, you might try fixing it.

In the meantime, we'll do some further checks on our own.

Thanks! I think that has to do with how reach repainter created their file. It hasn't been an issue in the past but I will clean it up, anyway.

Burger

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2019, 04:22:13 am »
Hello,

Just registered in the forum :) firstly, thanks for the great update !

If i may join the discussion I also have the issue. I use my own VA repaint. It worked fine before the update with the old paintkit (I was only using the level1).

With the 2.6 update, I’ve recreated my VA operator following the manual (with rules.cfg files in %AppData% path) and I got the “jet aviation” logo on containers ! Tested with both FSL A320 & PMDG 747-400. Both include the atc_parking_codes line in the aircraft.cfg file, and I recall it worked before updating to version 2.6 !

This is only an assumption as I didn’t take much time to do deeper test, but it seems that if you affect the operator to a gate in the customization panel, it works ! At least when I first created the operator using the configuration panel in P3D and applied to the gate I was parked, I could see my VA logo on the containers... I can make further tests later if you wish

Regards,
Antoine
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 04:25:29 am by Burger »

Burger

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2019, 01:21:34 pm »
Hello,

Just did the test:
In “customize airport positions” control panel
1. Do not specify handling opr for he gate, the container logo is “jet aviation”,
2. Set handling opr as my VA, the container logo is my VA one,
3. Revert back handling to default, the logo back to “jet aviation”.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2019, 01:27:17 pm »
We are looking into this.