Author Topic: Fuel man floating in mid air.  (Read 2325 times)

benjoglove

Fuel man floating in mid air.
« on: July 02, 2019, 12:51:51 am »

Appears an issue with floating fuel man after they install the ground pipe and man then moves to fill. Any fixes or a bug found?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 12:53:30 am by benjoglove »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Fuel man floating in mid air.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 12:57:26 am »
Have you verified the fuel position on the wing is set correctly in the airplane configuration ?

The configuration for the PMDG 737-800 that comes with GSX is surely correct but, if you made or edited a configuration yourself based on an older version of GSX, your configuration is taking precedence over the GSX internal data, so you must fix the fuel position yourself.

Or, just remove your configuration entirely,  and use the default that comes with GSX.

benjoglove

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 01:29:29 am »
I dont mess with the settings as I dont know how. Not sure were the correct page is to change but is this it and does it look correct?

https://i.ibb.co/LvFnBS6/Untitled2.png
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 01:51:45 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 01:53:39 am »
Yes, it looks fine, and it shows you are using the GSX internal database. Have you checked visually if the fuel point under the wing looks correct ?

Does it happen with another airplane ? Does it happen with any airport ? Do you have something from OrbX installed ?

arwasairl

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2019, 02:13:43 am »
I can confirm that this happens to me as well. I used the PMDG 737 and tried the refueling feature, but the man started floating and then when he got in his truck he just flew out of his truck at a million miles per hour :D
Aaron Kim

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2019, 02:18:58 am »
As I've said in another thread, try to fix the airport altitude in GSX, by clicking the small airplane icon where it says "Ground Elevation", then Restart Couatl and try again.

Kevin_28

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2019, 03:51:44 am »
As I've said in another thread, try to fix the airport altitude in GSX, by clicking the small airplane icon where it says "Ground Elevation", then Restart Couatl and try again.

Hi there. Just got home from work and tried to replicate the issue with the guy floating in mid air but was unable to do so. I did run an update since then, so maybe it sorta fixed itself. At anyrate, I'll let you know if I run across that again and if the ground elevation solution worked. Thanks for your help. I appreciate your hard work in bringing this to us.