Author Topic: GSX not showing up in Addon menu  (Read 7071 times)

Kuber Padia

GSX not showing up in Addon menu
« on: July 02, 2019, 05:28:06 pm »
Since the PBR update got out, I updated it with the liveupdater. After restarting the sim, GSX no longer worked, nor was it visible in the addon menu. However, Addon Manager and Couatl were present. Inside Addon Manager, GSX and GSX level 2 were marked ACTIVE.

I’ve disabled Bitdefender, updated the runtimes as well. This morning, after several GSX uninstalls and reinstalls, I nuked my sim and started from scratch. Client, content and scenery, as well as all other addons, SODE, SimConnect etc. reinstalled, and then GSX at the end using the latest setup file from FSDT’s website.

GSX still doesn’t show up in the menu, nor does the Ctrl-F12/Ctrl-shift-f12 work. No airport cache regeneration at the beginning either. However, Addon Manager and Couatl are still visible, and GSX/2 is still marked active.

GSX/Addon Manager install location: D:/P3D Extras/GSX Main

P3D v4.5
Windows 10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not showing up in Addon menu
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 05:32:15 pm »
GSX/Addon Manager install location: D:/P3D Extras/GSX Main

Try this:

- Uninstall every FSDT product you have

- Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?"

- Reinstall all the FSDT products you uninstalled in the first step into D:\ which will result in all products ending up under D:\Addon Manager

- Be sure you use only the current FULL installers

Kuber Padia

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 05:37:29 pm »
I only have GSX and GSX Level 2, which seem to have a single uninstaller in their main folder. I also uninstalled the Addon Manager, and deleted remaining files.

I’ll reinstall them as directed, but what do you mean by full installers? On the website, when I click on “download for P3D v4”, there’s only a 100kb (approximation) setup file, which once downloaded and opened, starts downloading about 1.2 GB of data.

Is that the full installer you’re talking about? I’m sorry about the confusion here; I really appreciate the help.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 05:51:28 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 05:51:40 pm »
Is that the full installer you’re talking about? I’m sorry about the confusion here; I really appreciate the help.

Yes, that's the only installer we have. I explicitly said "full installers", both because I couldn't possibly knew if you had other FSDT products or not, and since you said you used the Updater, I said to try the Full installer instead.

Kuber Padia

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 05:56:33 pm »
Great, I’ll try it tomorrow.

Is there any file/folder I need to delete before I start the next reinstall? I’ve deleted every virtuali folder in Appdataoaming, GSX Main/Addon Manager (the installation folder), as well as the desktop shortcuts; I’ve also performed a temp folder cleanup through Bitdefender.

Once again, thanks for such a prompt response! I was expecting a longer wait time because the update only just came out and the devs must be preoccupied

iMove Quick

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 05:57:04 pm »
I got exactly the same problem with GSX, did everything I could have done I think.

- Re-installed (Without Anti-virus).
 - Excluded the Addon Manager folder.
 - Updating multiple times, but that doesn't seem to do anything since it closes straight away.
 - Checked if my GSX was active, which it was.

At the moment I'm out of ideas...

~iMoveQuick
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 05:58:51 pm by iMove Quick »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 05:58:47 pm »
I got exactly the same problem with GSX, did everything I could have done I think.

With "exactly the same problem" you mean you DO have the GSX menu under the "Addons" menu of the sim ?

iMove Quick

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2019, 06:00:11 pm »
No, I meant it is not showing up at all... Only the addon manager and Couatl is.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2019, 06:04:30 pm »
No, I meant it is not showing up at all... Only the addon manager and Couatl is.

So you don't have the same problem discussed here.

karlosye

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2019, 06:10:09 pm »
Hi. I am having exactly same issue as you. I am running on P3D V4.3, with only GSX but not GSX Lvl 2 expansion. After updating yesterday, the GSX menu went missing(Ctrl+F12 does not work either), while the Couatl and Addon manager still present. Addon manager works fine and shows that GSX is ACTIVE. I did a reinstall of GSX and addon manger without antivirus software but the issue still presents. It seems that a lot of people have the same kind of issue.

Kuber Padia

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2019, 06:10:14 pm »

So you don't have the same problem discussed here.

They do seem to have the same problem. I also have only Addon Manager and Couatl show up in the Addon menu in-sim. GSX and GSX 2 are marked ACTIVE only -inside- the Addon Manager. Not visible in the main Addon menu though. Sounds like the same problem.

iMove Quick

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2019, 06:38:43 pm »
Since the PBR update got out, I updated it with the liveupdater. After restarting the sim, GSX no longer worked, nor was it visible in the addon menu. However, Addon Manager and Couatl were present. Inside Addon Manager, GSX and GSX level 2 were marked ACTIVE.

I do...?

Jean-Phi

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2019, 10:21:45 pm »
Hi everyone,

I had exact same issue in P3Dv4.5 Add-ons menu :
_ only Couatl and Add-on Manager menus showing-up
_ GSX menu NOT showing up

The only thing which has fixed this issue, as described in main GSX Update thread, was to install in the "C:\Program Files (x86)" folder (using full installer, and after complete uninstall of previous attemps).

Hope this helps.

Jean-Phi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2019, 10:34:54 pm »
The only thing which has fixed this issue, as described in main GSX Update thread, was to install in the "C:\Program Files (x86)" folder (using full installer, and after complete uninstall of previous attemps).

Which was the exact name of the original installation folder that didn't work ?

Jean-Phi

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2019, 11:03:03 pm »
Hi Umberto,

1. The first installation attempt was in folder "C:\GSX\Addon Manager". This folder was the folder where all the previous versions of GSX were installed, and updated, without any issues until the PBR update.

2. Then I tried to install in a different folder "D:\GSX\Addon Manager" (after uninstalling and cleaning previous folders of course). So, same folder name path, but different disk. Same issue.

Jean-Phi