Author Topic: Error updating GSX using fsdt update  (Read 4159 times)

nathantw

Error updating GSX using fsdt update
« on: July 01, 2019, 06:30:51 am »
The screenshot says it all.

I clicked through it and it it appears to be completing.

blaunarwal

• Computerpilot since FS4 (1990)
Re: Error updating GSX using fsdt update
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 06:38:18 am »
Had this error too.

Next to this, I had customized ADEX files in LSGG and LSZH. The update process now removes the customized ADEX files but does not replace them with originals like before. It just leaves a scenery without ADEX file.

And last but not least, LSGG runway is still not changed to 23/04. So the old textures are copied in again. I know, the update was GSX not LSGG. Anyway I hoped, the updater would one day make user customizations obsolete or at least leave them alone. The rest has to be tested another day

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 03:46:39 pm »
As already discussed in other threads, that error is not really a problem, because it will only affect the updated download speed. And it has already been fixed in the current version of the Live Update.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 03:49:03 pm »
Next to this, I had customized ADEX files in LSGG and LSZH. The update process now removes the customized ADEX files but does not replace them with originals like before. It just leaves a scenery without ADEX file.

We'll look into this.

And last but not least, LSGG runway is still not changed to 23/04. So the old textures are copied in again. I know, the update was GSX not LSGG. 

Exactly, nowhere we ever said this update would cover LSGG or any other scenery. The developer that made Geneva is working on a fairly large update, but I don't know exactly when it will be ready.

Anyway I hoped, the updater would one day make user customizations obsolete or at least leave them alone.

It's not possible to reply to this, without knowing WHAT you needed to change in the AFCAD file.

FireCapt

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 05:16:14 pm »
hi Umberto,
I just experienced the same error flash on the PBR update portion during the update also.  I re ran the update again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2019, 06:44:40 pm »
I just experienced the same error flash on the PBR update portion during the update also.  I re ran the update again.

As I've said, that error is not really a problem, because it will only affect the updated download speed. And it has already been fixed in the current version of the Live Update. As explained many times already, sometimes it takes a while for all local update servers to get in sync so, not everybody will get the fix at the same time.

blaunarwal

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2019, 09:02:45 pm »
This has been discussed so many times. The runway was changed to 23/04 and also the corresponding textures. An easy change, no need for the big update, that will eventually never come.

In LSZH there are several taxiways to wide, so wide bodies taxi through touching other aircraft. Also no dedicated A380 parking is defined. I changed that all. I also published my modifications here, long long time ago.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 09:53:24 pm by virtuali »

kevinh

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2019, 09:19:15 pm »
As already discussed in other threads, that error is not really a problem, because it will only affect the updated download speed. And it has already been fixed in the current version of the Live Update.
I'm still getting the update error running Live Update as I post this. I understand it isn't a problem, just mentioning that the error continues to be present.

Bmcl26

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2019, 09:43:38 pm »
I have tried updating and reports completed but doe not update also crashing with errors at EGPH.  No jetways now visible at other airports.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2019, 09:54:29 pm »
This has been discussed so many times. The runway was changed to 23/04 and also the corresponding textures. An easy change, no need for the big update, that will eventually never come.

Now I remember, and I think I already explained why it's not so easy ( the approaches should be changed too ) and it's not worth working on the *old* version, when I know the scenery author is working on a new one.

blaunarwal

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2019, 02:19:36 pm »

Now I remember, and I think I already explained why it's not so easy ( the approaches should be changed too ) and it's not worth working on the *old* version, when I know the scenery author is working on a new one.

Never mind, I have new textures and a reworked ADEX, but the updater should allow modifications. The old one did respect the .bgl files and asked before overwriting. The textures where always replaced without a question. I´d like if it ask only, if the ADEX and textures are newer than the one in place. All other cases ignoring the modified files.

Another note in this area. Often the old installer said, the ADEX file had been updated. Therefore I had a look at it in ADE and I couldn´t find a difference, at least nothing had changed I had changed and thought, it was about time to fix that (e.g. the A380 parking for Emirates and Singapore in LSZH)
The sceneries LSZH and LSGG really need an update meanwhile. If something actual was around, I would replace the old FSDT sceneries right now.