Author Topic: GSX not working after new update  (Read 3448 times)

jaco355b

GSX not working after new update
« on: July 02, 2019, 10:38:27 am »
Hi, today I just updated to the new GSX Lvl 2 version in FSX. The update seemed to go well, but afterwards, GSX was not working anymore. It worked fine before the update. I tried to restart my Computer and it didn't work. I then tried to uninstall GSX completely and then reinstall it, however, when I install it via the new installer, about 1/3 of the way through it gets an error message saying the source file is corrupt and I can either Ignore the file, retry or cancel.

Hope you can solve the issue
With kind regards Jacob  :)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 10:48:01 am by jaco355b »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not working after new update
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 02:45:44 pm »
Check you have enough space on the Windows Temp folder. Clear your browser cache and remove this folder:

Documents\GSX_Installer

then download it again.

jaco355b

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 06:24:36 pm »
Hello again, I have now tried what you recommended. I checked my Windows Temp folder and even cleaned it up. But still no luck, it pops up with the exact same message at the exact same time.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 06:43:41 pm »
I'm sorry but, that message can only happen if:

- you got a bad download

- you don't have enough space on the Windows TEMP folder

jaco355b

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 07:23:23 pm »
Okay, so maybe I have gotten a bad download. I don't know if this info helps, but I noticed after uninstalled GSX via the control panel, it didn't ask if I also wanted to remove the addon manager. It also only removed the uninstall files, I had to remove the rest of the files manually.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 07:25:28 pm »
after uninstalled GSX via the control panel, it didn't ask if I also wanted to remove the addon manager.

I can only confirm this question is always made. This is not normal.

It also only removed the uninstall files, I had to remove the rest of the files manually.

The uninstaller only removes files IT has installed ITSELF, this is standard behavior of any uninstaller so, for example, if extra files came later, with an Update for example, they won't be removed. This is normal.

jaco355b

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 07:40:27 pm »
So do you have any ideas of what to do? I am almost out of ideas. I know it's not because of the temp folder. The Temp folder has as much available space as free harddrive space
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 07:44:10 pm by jaco355b »

jaco355b

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2019, 09:08:22 pm »
Okay so now I have managed to actually install GSX level 2 and GSX. The next problem is that when it gets to the Update, it stops at 148/370 and says it is complete. I then open FSX to find out that it isn't working. So I Tried to uninstall it again. This time it uninstalled properly. I then proceeded to install it again and decided to cancel the update as soon as it began. Now I can't edit the airports

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2019, 09:11:17 pm »
The next problem is that when it gets to the Update, it stops at 148/370 and says it is complete.

If it says complete, then it's complete. You are not supposed to see all steps, if you haven't install everything.

I then open FSX to find out that it isn't working. So I Tried to uninstall it again. This time it uninstalled properly. I then proceeded to install it again and decided to cancel the update as soon as it began. Now I can't edit the airports

It's not working because you canceled the update. We fixed the FSX bug with the jetway logo selection, but it *REQUIRES* you do the update.

jaco355b

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2019, 09:15:39 pm »
Okay I just did the update once more, and once again the GSX option disappears from the addon menu

Ok, I have a suspicion of what the issue might be:

Could you please try to install GSX into the DEFAULT folder ? To do that, Uninstall and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?", otherwise it won't let you choose a different folder on reinstall.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 09:26:06 pm by virtuali »

jaco355b

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2019, 10:50:34 am »
Okay, I have found a temporary solution. When I install GSX, I immediately cancel the update. I Copy all the files from the GSX folder to a backup folder. Then I run the update. Afterwards, I move all the files back into the GSX folder. That's my solution until you find a solution for the updater that deletes the necessary programs to run GSX

j.verver95

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2019, 11:41:46 am »
FSDT fixed the live updater.
The problem was that people call the file GSX to install GSX into that file. When calling the file GSX  the installer deleted by itself important files which caused GSX for not working.
They adjust this and i can confirm that it is working now.

I just installed GSX after having serious problems that GSX was not working anymore after the update with the new installer and everything worked now. I installed GSX on a separate D drive outside my sim away of the C drive.

Greetz,
Jasper

jaco355b

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2019, 11:54:12 pm »
Thank you for the heads up, just installed the new update, and GSX works fine now  :) :)