Author Topic: GSX rules.cfg not working properly  (Read 4415 times)

arwasairl

GSX rules.cfg not working properly
« on: July 02, 2019, 04:42:15 am »
So, i wanted to try the new GSX rules.cfg feature to replace the Southwest Airlines ground handling texture. I read the manual, and edited the rules.cfg.
[SWA]
couatl.atc_parking_codes = SWA
couatl.basecolor = full_blue
couatl.icaoprefixes = K KDFW KJFK KLAX KMIA KORD KBOS KSFO KDEN KPTA KPHX KLAS KSJC KATL KAUS KEWR KSEA KPDX KONT KPSP KSAN
However, i noticed at FlyTampa KLAS only half the vehicles had a full blue base color.
The ones marked in red Xs are the ones that have a red base color. The ones in green checkmarks are the one in full blue basecolors.
If you're wondering, i have a GSX profile for FlyTampa KLAS and is running P3D v4.5. I installed using the GSX full installer without my antivirus on, and the live update performed automatically.
Its just this inconsistency is getting a bit annoying to be honest. I've also noticed the logo i chose isn't on the vehicles either. It looks like that it is using a mix of my texture and the default SWA texture that comes with GSX.
I've also noticed that if i just use the "Customize Airport positions" setting and select a custom texture, it works fine. However, ONLY southwest will operate at that gate. Meaning that if a gate operated with American Airlines and Southwest, if i use the "Customize Airport positions" setting and select a custom texture, Southwest airlines will only be selectable at that gate. But i want both airlines to operate at that gate not just SWA. All airports have this issue, not just KLAS.
Aaron Kim

arwasairl

Re: GSX rules.cfg not working properly
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 04:57:04 am »
Interesting... after tries at a different airport KSJC it works completely fine. Im not sure if it's due to the AFCAD of FlyTampa KLAS but i'll have to look into this some more.
Aaron Kim

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 03:36:43 pm »
So, i wanted to try the new GSX rules.cfg feature to replace the Southwest Airlines ground handling texture. I read the manual, and edited the rules.cfg.

Which file you edited ?

arwasairl

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 04:15:55 pm »
I edited the \AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\GSX\texture\handling\texture.SWA\rules.cfg file
Basically, i went into the "Customize Airport Positions" setting, created a custom texture with a full blue base color, then exited the simulator. I then went into \AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\GSX\texture\handling\texture.SWA\rules.cfg folder and edited the rules cfg and added the "couatl.atc_parking_codes = SWA" and "couatl.icaoprefixes = K KDFW KJFK KLAX KMIA KORD KBOS KSFO KDEN KPTA KPHX KLAS KSJC KATL KAUS KEWR KSEA KPDX KONT KPSP KSAN " lines so that i wouldnt have to go to all these airports and change them myself. Almost all the airports listed i have an addon scenery for, but for some reason KLAS isnt working properly. I'm not sure about all the other airports, but i will try other FlyTampa airports see if it's a recurring issue.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 04:21:36 pm by arwasairl »
Aaron Kim

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 04:20:17 pm »
I edited the \AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\GSX\texture\handling\texture.SWA\rules.cfg file

That's fine.

Although, unless you made a different custom logo for SWA, there wasn't any need to create a custom texture for it, since SWA is already included as an handling operator in GSX, so you could just select SWA from the list, instead of picking a custom texture (unless this is what you wanted to do).

In that case, when you use a texture which already comes with GSX, the custom rules file to edit is here:

%APPDATA%\GSX\texture\rules_handling.cfg

this overrides the rules for STOCK operators in GSX you haven't created a custom texture for.

arwasairl

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 04:25:31 pm »
Yeah, I used a custom texture as in this picture, the the logo they have is the old livery.
https://airwaysmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/IMG_0236.jpg
I'm guessing its a recurring issue with FlyTampa airports as i had a problem with KLAS and the exclude bgl not excluding all the jetways. I had to edit the afcad itself for all the jetways to be literally removed.
I'll try KTPA or KBOS see if its a FlyTampa thing
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 04:28:32 pm by arwasairl »
Aaron Kim

arwasairl

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 04:40:46 pm »

That's fine.

Although, unless you made a different custom logo for SWA, there wasn't any need to create a custom texture for it, since SWA is already included as an handling operator in GSX, so you could just select SWA from the list, instead of picking a custom texture (unless this is what you wanted to do).

In that case, when you use a texture which already comes with GSX, the custom rules file to edit is here:

%APPDATA%\GSX\texture\rules_handling.cfg

this overrides the rules for STOCK operators in GSX you haven't created a custom texture for.
Huh, interesting. FlyTampa KBOS, FlightBeam KSFO, and LVFR KMIA all work fine with my custom config. Not sure why KLAS is acting up.
Aaron Kim

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2019, 04:43:11 pm »
Huh, interesting. FlyTampa KBOS, FlightBeam KSFO, and LVFR KMIA all work fine with my custom config. Not sure why KLAS is acting up.

Is it possible they made a GSX customization file with the scenery ?

arwasairl

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2019, 12:32:51 am »
The GSX configs im using is from cartanya. As well as for FlyTampa KLAS. But KLAS is not accepting my rules.cfg edit.
Aaron Kim

pilot3033

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2019, 05:22:37 am »
I am having this issue at FSDT KDFW with the American Airlines White logo and Normal logo versions. I added an [AA_white] entry to the rules_handling.cfg in %appdata% and now at airports where "AAL" is the top scoring carrier, I don't get a choice in selecting the carrier, and the vehicles are a mix of white and normal logos and white/normal base vehicles.

EDIT: I solved this (a little bit) by eliminated the normal AA logos as an option. In the APPDATA rules_handling.cfg I added an entry for [AA_white] that is the same as the default AA, and then an entry for [AA] which has an ICAO for only one airport. Now whenever "American Airlines" is available, it's always the white logo variant.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 08:04:42 am by pilot3033 »