Author Topic: Using the New Paintkit  (Read 5354 times)

pilot3033

Using the New Paintkit
« on: July 02, 2019, 04:33:06 am »
Umberto, I added a custom livery to GSX using the GUI provided, and then went into \GSX\texture\handling to expand the coverage to other airports. However, it seems that by doing so GSX no longer gives any operator choice, it defaults to my custom livery at every US airport.

[Metro]
couatl.basecolor = green
couatl.icaoprefixes = K KLAX KPDX KDFW KBOS KFLL KBWI KONT
couatl.atc_parking_codes = MET,MVA,MAV

Here is what's in \handling\texture.metro\rules.cfg

Is it because I added "K?" I thought that would just make it show up as an option, not override.

Edit: I did some testing, and I can resolve this issue by removing the "icao." portions from the rules.cfg in texture.metro, but the custom livery is still automatically chosen at every airport regardless of whether or not "K" is alone. That is to say both "K KLAX KPDX..." and "KLAX KPDX KDFW..." produce the same result where the custom livery is always selected.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 05:18:02 am by pilot3033 »

pilot3033

Re: Using the New Paintkit
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 06:53:20 am »
Going to add since I just noticed it, the cargo containers don't seem to be respecting "atc_parking_codes" right now, either. They have all been a generic airport logo.

jd_jay

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 12:41:31 pm »
Going to follow this as I have a similar query but I don’t want to overwhelm the forum at this busy time.  My question is with regards to if you can add a second custom paint so your offered a list like you used to get.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 01:02:30 pm »
Umberto, I added a custom livery to GSX using the GUI provided, and then went into \GSX\texture\handling to expand the coverage to other airports. However, it seems that by doing so GSX no longer gives any operator choice, it defaults to my custom livery at every US airport.

Which rules.cfg file you are referring to ? You are not supposed to change the one in GSX\texture\handling for a CUSTOM texture you made, especially because the first Live Update will wipe out all your changes.

There are TWO other rules.cfg files that are made to be customized, and are:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\texture\rules_handling.cfg
%APPDATA%\Virtuali\texture\rules_catering.cfg
%APPDATA%\Virtuali\texture\rules_jetwaylogo.cfg

And these are ONLY to alter the rules for a STOCK operator that comes with GSX, so you can use your own rules, without worrying about the Live Update wiping our your changes.

And, there's a separate rules.cfg file in each of the Custom texture folder so, in your case:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\texture\handling\texture.Metro\rules.cfg

THIS is the file you are supposed to change, if you want to expand the coverage of a CUSTOM texture in other airport using a rule, which will save you from having to customize each airport with it.

pilot3033

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 09:30:58 pm »
So wait, originally I changed the one in \GSX\texture\handling\texture.metro which I think is the one you're saying I should modify. However, doing so eliminates other liveries from being considered by GSX. I am available for a teamviewer if this isn't making sense.

This is the one I am changing, but in all cases it causes the custom texture to be the only carrier.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 09:39:58 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 09:40:24 pm »
You can have only ONE custom livery for each parking, that's by design.

pilot3033

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 09:42:24 pm »
I see. So what is the best way to replicate the best functionality of the old paintkit where an operator could be added for several airports?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 10:01:05 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2019, 10:02:12 pm »
I see. So what is the best way to replicate the best functionality of the old paintkit where an operator could be added for several airports?

My original post answered your question:

There are TWO other rules.cfg files that are made to be customized, and are:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\texture\rules_handling.cfg
%APPDATA%\Virtuali\texture\rules_catering.cfg
%APPDATA%\Virtuali\texture\rules_jetwaylogo.cfg

And these are ONLY to alter the rules for a STOCK operator that comes with GSX, so you can use your own rules, without worrying about the Live Update wiping our your changes.

And for a CUSTOM operator:

there's a separate rules.cfg file in each of the Custom texture folder so, in your case:

THIS is the file you are supposed to change, if you want to expand the coverage of a CUSTOM texture in other airport using a rule, which will save you from having to customize each airport with it.

When I said "You can have only ONE custom livery for each parking", it only means you cannot have a selection MENU with 2 or more CUSTOM operators for a single parking, not that you cannot expand a custom operator to be available in several airports.

pilot3033

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2019, 10:04:32 pm »
Ok, then I did understand how the rules worked.

However, if I edit %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX\texture\handling\texture.Metro\rules.cfg to include an ICAO code, the custom operator becomes the only choice at every airport, regardless of what ICAO codes I use, and regardless of what other operators are available.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 10:05:44 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2019, 10:06:56 pm »
However, if I edit %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX\texture\handling\texture.Metro\rules.cfg to include an ICAO code, the custom operator becomes the only choice at every airport, regardless of what ICAO codes I use, and regardless of what other operators are available.

Please post your rules.cfg file as it is.

pilot3033

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2019, 10:10:06 pm »

Please post your rules.cfg file as it is.

pilot3033

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2019, 10:16:44 pm »
Here is a video showing what I mean, this airplane is at KOKC which is not in my rules.cfg:
https://streamable.com/ga819

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2019, 10:18:54 pm »
Here is a video showing what I mean, this airplane is at KOKC which is not in my rules.cfg:

You must have your custom operator setup in another place. I tried your rules.cfg file exactly as it is (just with a different custom texture I had), and I get the custom operator only on the airports selected in the rules.cfg file.

pilot3033

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2019, 10:24:24 pm »

You must have your custom operator setup in another place. I tried your rules.cfg file exactly as it is (just with a different custom texture I had), and I get the custom operator only on the airports selected in the rules.cfg file.

I initially set this up using a single gate at KVPS, to get GSX to create the appropriate folders. I removed the customization from that single gate, though, and deleted the "KVPS" ini file since I didn't need any custom jetways there. Could that have created an issue? I don't know where else the custom operator might exist.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2019, 10:29:49 pm »
Could that have created an issue? I don't know where else the custom operator might exist.

it shouldn't cause any problems. Are you sure you haven't set an global override ( the "Virtual airlines" option in the GSX Settings )