Author Topic: GSX update  (Read 2651 times)

Michael1

GSX update
« on: July 02, 2019, 04:21:18 am »
So, this is related to the others having trouble. I am using FSX SE. This morning I downloaded the update and everything was grand. When I opened FSX this evening, I was notified of another FSDT update, so I rane the updater and it dutifully downloaded and installed the new files. Now, Couatl won't load because of an un recoverable scripting error and as an added bonus, it is telling me the CYVR is in trial mode, even though addon manager indicates it's registered and active. Here is the text of the errors, but it looks like a similar list as the others:
couatl v3.2 (build 4231)
panic log started on Mon Jul  1 19:12:01 2019

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
{'Airport': 'CYVR', 'User Pos': (49.18484788907362, -123.1617276513071, 7.67059 m, 3.3651 m, 280.74854372341036)}
Error: exception CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'FSDT_SODE_JW_JBT_2_5_LOGO__HSBC'
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 05:04:25 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX update
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 05:05:24 pm »
This has been already discussed in several other threads. There's a known bug in FSX (and P3D3) which affect reading of jetway logos from the airport .INI file

There's already a fix online on Live Update now, for OUR airports but, if you have some airport customizations made with the previous version, you must move those files away to prevent the error, UNTIL we'll come with a proper fix.

Michael1

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 08:34:51 pm »
This has been already discussed in several other threads. There's a known bug in FSX (and P3D3) which affect reading of jetway logos from the airport .INI file

There's already a fix online on Live Update now, for OUR airports but, if you have some airport customizations made with the previous version, you must move those files away to prevent the error, UNTIL we'll come with a proper fix.
I re installed both CYVR and GSX. Then I ran live update as you suggested. I then tried starting FSX from gate 15 at CYVR and received the sam couatl error as before. Now, I have moved all the airport .ini files from appdata/GSX and it loads fine, BUT CYYJ (not your air port) needed me to go in and redo the exclusion radius. Strangely, I did not need to exit the sim and redo the exclusion file. The GSX jetways appeared, but if I try and modify those jetways, the jetway modification page is not functioning

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 08:38:58 pm »
My previous reply is already outdated. We fixed the problem, and nothing is required for you to do. Just run the FSDT Live Update now.

Michael1

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 08:51:00 pm »
My previous reply is already outdated. We fixed the problem, and nothing is required for you to do. Just run the FSDT Live Update now.
do I replace the ini files?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 09:02:40 pm »

No need to. That was only required as a temporary fix, until we really fixed the problem, which we have now.

Michael1

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2019, 12:57:30 am »

No need to. That was only required as a temporary fix, until we really fixed the problem, which we have now.
Thank-you; everything is working grand again!!