Author Topic: Problem Activating product (Unable to read fsdt key)  (Read 1888 times)

fleXiBle91

Problem Activating product (Unable to read fsdt key)
« on: July 04, 2019, 05:15:10 pm »
Hei FSDT team,

I finally got home to install the new update, and that's when the problems started.
I first tried to download the latest installer to then get the latest update. But at the end I get an error-message that says "Problem reading the fsdt key - Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

So I tried to remove everything (GSX + Addon Manager) and then go get a fresh installer from the website. But every time I try to install it, the same error returns. Also FSDT Live Update doesn't work (because of the same message) and the control panel gives me multiple boxes of error with reference to something regarding FSX(I've never had FSX installed - only P3D v4.5)

I checked out another subject regarding the same issue - http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,21120.30.html

I've tried to go through some of the steps, but none of them works. I even tried to delete the FSDT registry in regedit just to try and see if the installer would make a fresh entry, but no luck.

The only thing I noticed is this

- Open REGEDIT

- Check this key:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FSDreamTeam

What do you have there ? The most important key is the "root". It is there ? Does it have the correct value  ?

I never had a key called root. Now the entire folder isn't there anymore either. (probably because I deleted it)

Might have done something stupid here, but any help would be much appreciated!

Kind regards

Kim

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem Activating product (Unable to read fsdt key)
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 06:06:13 pm »
The problem has been found right now with an user session in Teamviewer.

The orphaned registry keys weren't his problem in this case. The problem was caused by having a complete FSX:SE installation, but with the FSX.EXE with a 0 length. The updater Updater that is online now should be able to deal with this case too.

fleXiBle91

Re: Problem Activating product (Unable to read fsdt key)
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 06:33:06 pm »
Hi Umberto and thank you for the quick response!

Like every time I post help on a support-forum, it takes around 5 minutes and then suddenly I get things working again. And this time there was no excemptions :)

My issue were that I for some reason had a folder in my C-drive pointing to a Microsoft Games/FSX folder. I didn't even know that I had one here.(it wasn't even a complete FSX installation, but maybe it's from a former FSX scenery i've installed into P3D. I literally have no clue)

I deleted it and then live update and control-panel works again!