Author Topic: FSDT Live Update Removed AF Files  (Read 1600 times)

downscc

FSDT Live Update Removed AF Files
« on: July 01, 2019, 08:09:50 pm »
This might be why others are reporting that GSX doesn't work after the update.

I attempted to obtain a log using couatl_update2 /LOG=log.txt in the CMD window but no such log file was created.

The following AF (AFCAD) files were removed.  Note that where I had modified an AF file I maintained the FSDT filename.  Also, I declined to update the AF file for four locations that it prompted for including CYVR and accepted the AF update for KLAX but this is the result... misssing: CYVR KIAH KJFK KLAS KLAX PHKO PHLI PHNL and PHOG.

Not missing are KDFW KFLL KMEM KSDF LSGG KORD PHTO and LSZH.

Of course when launching P3D with an aircraft on the runway at KLAX there appears first a message box saying that a FSDT update is availble then a message that couatl has crashed. I click on OK to restart couatl and there  is no GSX in the addon menu.

What a mess.  None of the missing AF files were backed up in the Backup folders you created.

I'll download the full GSX installer and see if running that restores my AF files.

downscc

Re: FSDT Live Update Removed AF Files
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 08:41:53 pm »
Thank goodness, downloaded the GSX installer for P3D and ran it.  All missing AF files replaced with your latest versions.  Launched P3D with a PMDG B748 at Bradley Intl Gate 130 and all my customization's are retained.  I think a few of mods I had made to your AF files were corrections to DME locations, but mostly they were mods to apron links for custom push back.  I look forward to playing with the new pushback option you have provided.  One less reason to have to alter AF files, this is good.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT Live Update Removed AF Files
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 11:22:01 pm »
I'll have to check the part of the updater which is supposed to backup your modified AFCAD files. The updater has been rewritten from scratch, in another language, so it's possible something might not work exactly like it did in the previous version.

And yes, in general, the new pushback should probably reduce the need to alter the AFCAD files, at least in most of the cases.