Author Topic: GSX live update not updating product  (Read 1706 times)

Langers_Mash

GSX live update not updating product
« on: July 01, 2019, 09:56:51 pm »
Good evening,
so I have just received an email from FSDT about the new PBR update and ran the live update, upon going into FSX and launching GSX, it looks exactly the same as it did before with no updated models, reflections and the fuel truck looks the same. I am using FSX:SE so I don't know whether some of these updates not appearing are just relating to P3D or what?

Any help would be appreciated,
Regards,
Joe.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX live update not updating product
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 09:57:59 pm »
FSX doesn't support PBR so, all new models won't be used there. It's time to upgrade...

However, it's not true the Live Update didn't update anything. It might not look very different, but there's a new Custom Pushback option and several bugfixes. You must understand that for us, FSX is in "Life Support" mode. This means, bugfixes will come, but no new big features,

Langers_Mash

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 12:44:34 am »
Yeah I thought this might be the case, I think the time has come indeed to upgrade to P3D, one question though, will my GSX and level 2 upgrade be valid with P3D or will I have to buy a new registration for p3d for it to work.
Thanks for the reply.
Joe.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 12:45:56 am »
You never had to purchase an FSDT product twice, just to move to a different supported simulator. Your existing license will work just fine with P3D.

Langers_Mash

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 12:58:02 am »
That is great news, will seriously have to consider P3D now, thanks!