Author Topic: GSX Level 2 Not Being Recognized By Other Installers  (Read 3208 times)

997r8v10

GSX Level 2 Not Being Recognized By Other Installers
« on: July 01, 2019, 04:28:08 am »
I saw that the new update came out for both GSX and GSX L2 so I decided to delete my entire FSDT installation and start fresh. However I've been having a few issues.
First, after GSX finished installing, the installer ran the Live Update, but it failed saying that "Problem Reading the FSDT Registry Key; The path is not of a legal form". I hit OK and it finished. This seems to happen any time I try to run Live Update. I ran it using the LOG switch on the command line and I attached it below. Additionally, when I went to install both LAX and JFKv2, it said that it could not find GSX L2. Is there something I'm missing?

Sim: P3D v4.5 HF1
Prithvi Shivaraman

997r8v10

Re: GSX Level 2 Not Being Recognized By Other Installers
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 04:35:37 am »
Forgot to attach the log file... Here it is
Prithvi Shivaraman

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 04:43:13 am »
Your log seems to indicate a problem with your local Live Update server still not getting the latest updated files, since it's trying to download files we surely removed from our master server.

About the other installers, you don't say if you downloaded them again or not because they have been updated too.

997r8v10

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 04:45:16 am »
Thanks for the speedy reply.

I redownloaded all of the installers from the website. About the live update, is there any way for me to fix that on my end? I suspect it may be a cache issue or something.
Prithvi Shivaraman

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 04:48:25 am »
There nothing you or we can do. Only wait for Cloudflare to update the server closest to your location.

997r8v10

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2019, 04:50:47 am »
Ah ok. Does that also apply to the other installers not being able to find GSX Level 2? It shows up as "ACTIVE" in the simulator. Just redownloaded the LAX installer.
Prithvi Shivaraman

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2019, 05:12:07 am »
Try to clear your browser cache and download them again now.

997r8v10

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2019, 07:47:44 pm »
Cleared Cache on Chrome, Firefox, and even Windows 10 using Ctrl+Shift+Del. I also removed %APPDATA%\Virtuali and %PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali and uninstalled all FSDT products. Gave my computer a restart. I'm going to redownload everything and install starting with GSX.
Prithvi Shivaraman

997r8v10

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2019, 07:53:54 pm »
Ran the GSX installer. Still seems to be giving the same issue... The version on Couatl_Updater is 4.5.0.17... I'm out of ideas
Prithvi Shivaraman

997r8v10

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2019, 08:00:37 pm »
The other problem with the JFKv2 and KLAX installers not recognizing GSX seems to have gone away by redownloading the installers. Live Updater doesn't work but I'll ignore it for the time being.
Prithvi Shivaraman

997r8v10

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2019, 08:28:23 pm »
Hmm I seem to get this error in the simulator. I'm beginning to suspect that Couatl is not updating for some reason.

Error: exception CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'FSDT_TB3_STANDARD_RP_39_19_static'

Running Couatl_Updater keeps giving the same issue.
Prithvi Shivaraman