Author Topic: Customising airport  (Read 2347 times)

Butch

Customising airport
« on: July 25, 2019, 02:12:32 pm »
I am trying to add gsx support to MILE HIGH SIMS NAS Miramar airport.
https://secure.simmarket.com/mile-high-sims-knkx-nas-miramar-top-gun-fsx.phtml

After reading thru the GSX manual for guidance on how to establish a spot at this airport that will facilitate GSX support,
I am not able to achieve any results. Sure, I can click on the appropriate button and see results as per manual however,
to actually build/change the outcome is futile. I save the customized chart and reopen P3D V3.4 and when I call for deboarding
I get red letter that say no GSX support available. So after countless attempts at doing this over and over I am getting nowwere
and I would like to ask anyone what does it take to make this work? I am trying to modify a payware scenery and perhaps the author
has locked the AFCAD so that it can not be modified - that has occurred to me. Please advise.

https://i.postimg.cc/gk2c68HB/Capture1.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/nrwymjn6/Capture.jpg

I am under the impression that if I save and use the "Y" key all is saved - not!!!!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 11:11:57 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Customising airport
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 11:14:52 am »
I save the customized chart and reopen P3D V3.4 and when I call for deboarding
I get red letter that say no GSX support available.

Please indicate the precise, exact, text of the error message.

perhaps the author has locked the AFCAD so that it can not be modified

GSX doesn't need to modify the AFCAD.

I am under the impression that if I save and use the "Y" key all is saved - not!!!!

Yes, of course it is. But only things that you modify in the 3d editor are automatically saved, so the Apply will stay grey because it has already been "Applied" by your pressing of the Y key to exit from the 3d editor.

Things you modify in the customization page, require the "Apply" button to be pressed.

Beat578

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 11:36:12 am »
I am not sure if the customization of the parking alone is enough to get your GSX running. I think the Problems are the taxyroutes (or car routes) are missing in your AFCAD. (I am no expert, just a guess). So you can customize as long as you want, but the car's still can not come to that place. (It's like a model railway, missing tracks). So you should look at the AFCAD in the free AFCAD Editor (there is a topic about). There you have to add the taxyroutes, then it should work. But don't ask me how, i never dared to touch that yet...
Beat578

Butch

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 04:35:17 pm »
I save the customized chart and reopen P3D V3.4 and when I call for deboarding
I get red letter that say no GSX support available.

Please indicate the precise, exact, text of the error message.

perhaps the author has locked the AFCAD so that it can not be modified

GSX doesn't need to modify the AFCAD.

Yes, of course it is. But only things that you modify in the 3d editor are automatically saved, so the Apply will stay grey because it has already been "Applied" by your pressing of the Y key to exit from the 3d editor.

Things you modify in the customization page, require the "Apply" button to be pressed.

This is the message (See attached screen shot "Parking is isolated" - "GSX services not available"

Again, this is MILE HIGH SIMS - Nas Miramar airport 

https://secure.simmarket.com/mile-high-sims-knkx-nas-miramar-top-gun-fsx.phtml

I tried again, to customize this parking spot and after I clicked on  "apply" I assume the changes will be noticeable after a restart of P3D - well, that didn't happen
the same error codes - messages are still there. I'm always trying to get results but getting no where.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 05:08:51 pm by Butch »

Butch

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2019, 04:10:03 pm »
I think there are orphaned parking spots that I find using ADE program. And some of the spots have no connected taxiways.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2019, 05:30:53 pm »
I think there are orphaned parking spots that I find using ADE program. And some of the spots have no connected taxiways.
That would be your problem right there.
Captain Kevin

Butch

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2019, 06:30:31 pm »
That would be your problem right there.

It was, and now that spot has been connected to a taxiway - The author of the airport didn't connect some of the dots- so to speak....

there were many orphaned spots noted from ADE fault finder.

Problem resolved and now I get GSX ground services support.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 06:33:59 pm by Butch »