Author Topic: Digital River PayPal Pending  (Read 6102 times)

Dexadrinne

Digital River PayPal Pending
« on: July 01, 2019, 07:42:03 am »
Just got word from PayPal that my transaction is pending. Up to 72 hours.
Just bought KIAH and CYVR and took advantage of the 40% discount.
This is the first time ever i have had a payment under review.

Anything else i can do on my end?
Order ID is xxxxxx

Regards
Mike
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 02:09:43 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Digital River PayPal Pending
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 02:11:25 pm »
There's nothing you can do, other than complaining with PayPal about their bogus sensitive products detection, explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15828.msg136906.html#msg136906

Dexadrinne

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 03:32:29 pm »
Ok so i will wait it out. Next time ill just use my card :)

hjmx

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 09:18:52 pm »
I have the same problem with buying KIAH today.

hjmx

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 08:42:17 pm »
I have the same problem with buying KIAH today.

... and PayPal reversed the transaction

"As we notified you earlier, PayPal suspended this transaction due to a potential risk we identified so we could review it. We have completed our review of this transaction.
.... Unfortunately, we are not able to complete this particular transaction. This reversal is specific to this transaction and does not affect the use of your PayPal account. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

Strange thing, and it was not the first time that PP reversed a payment to Digital River/Esellerate.

In future I will use my CC.

Thunderbolt

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 10:45:55 pm »
I did! And I have problem with credit card too. For the first time and only with Fsdt.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 10:54:28 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 10:55:39 pm »
For the first time and only with Fsdt.

You meant to say: "for the first time, and only with Digital River". We don't obviously process Credit Cards.

Was your order containing just GSX, as you said in your other post, or ALSO KIAH ?

samwilson

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2019, 04:15:45 am »
I have the same problem with credit card when buying KIAH...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2019, 02:07:32 pm »
Digital River is investigating this problem.

gevan

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2019, 08:59:08 pm »
Last Thursday I tried to buy the sceneries of Houston and Memphis but they were rejected when using Paypal because the purchase was "suspicious" and Paypal will reimburse the money.

Yesterday I tried again to buy but now without using Paypal, typing directly the credit card. The purchase was made correctly and I received the serials from the scenaries.

The problem is that an airport was added that I didn't want instead of the desired one (Charlotte instead of Memphis, possibly due to some error of mine or the page, I don't know) so I wanted to know if, It is possible to cancel the Charlotte serial and receive the Mempis serial? (I haven't installed any airport yet, just downloaded their EXE files)

I appreciate the help Umberto and I wish you a good weekend.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 09:03:21 pm by gevan »

oldflyboy

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2019, 05:48:20 pm »
It looks like after more than a month rejects are still happening. Tried to buy KIAH yesterday and paypal rejected it, Was using my CC through paypal and now I have a pending payment hung up on the CC. Digital River sure isn't very effective in getting the problem resolved. Maybe FSDT needs to dump Digital River. They clearly have a problem that's causing your customers problems.

Something must be wrong with their security or they may have a history of credit card fraud. I am very reluctant to give them my CC now to purchase directly. I guess I won't buy. This is really very disappointing. And I don' see any alternatives. BUYER BEWARE  for sure.

rjlfry

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2019, 06:46:18 pm »
I had the same problem a day later PayPal declined my payment and ask me to verify for security reasons which I did and payment went through. It`s not to keen on your new payment system.
This was for KORD when it was released 23/08/2019.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 06:50:20 pm by rjlfry »

oldflyboy

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2019, 11:00:38 pm »
I did some research on the paypal Community forums for issues around Digital River. What I found has really opened my eyes. There are many complaints around Digital River involving fraudulent charges, scams etc. for all kinds of products. I for one will not deal with Digital River through Paypal or any other way. It is no wonder Paypal looks at these transactions very carefully. Again BUYER BEWARE. This all is really bad news for FSDT and their customers. Is there any other way to purchase FSDT products than through this documented scam outlet?

oldflyboy

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2019, 10:40:41 pm »
WARNING - I have now been officially advised by Paypal NOT to try and purchase from Digital River using Paypal. The possibility of having transactions with this merchant being rejected is quite high. I have now had my purchase rejected twice in two days by a  process that is supposed to be random. There is nothing random about it. There has to be a significant problem with Digital River for this to repeatedly happen and will not expose my CC information to them.  Such a shame FSDT is associated with them.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2019, 12:02:40 pm »
The PayPal explanation doesn't obviously make any sense, Digital River is one of the largest ecommerce provider in the world, it's normal they would have many frauds, not because Digital River itslef it's a "scam" (which is absurd, they are a big company, traded on Nasdaq since years), but because being so big, the chance some develoepers selling questionable stuff might use it is high.

So no, the real reason why PayPal says so is:

- Digital River it's a competitor in the payment space, so they would say anything against them.

AND

- PayPal would never publicity admit they use silly automatic filters to detect what the call "sensible content", like the absurd block of many orders for Houston, just because the product USED to be called "Houston George Bush", so it sometimes it's being caught in one of the their bugged filters, and their only suggestions was to change the product name, which didn't fix this entirely, but the suggestion itself was an admission of the very existence of such filters.

Of course, it's very easy to not run into this problem and it's simply not to use PayPal.

Simmarket had issues with PayPal:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/552620-simmarket-dropping-paypal/

OrbX had issues with PayPal:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/127178-paypal-restriction-the-reason-why

So, it's clear the problem here is NOT Digital River, but it's PayPal.