Author Topic: Stand alone addon manager GSX crash P3Dv4.4  (Read 3570 times)

A123

Stand alone addon manager GSX crash P3Dv4.4
« on: July 03, 2019, 02:36:05 pm »
Good day,

I did a complete reinstall of GSX, and now GSX crashes continu when I want to use it. See the screenshots.
I have a crash log as well.

Picture 1: I received direct after P3Dv4.4 loads the flight. I push yes, because I want the log. See the log file in the attachment.
Picture 2: After pushing yes this message will show. I put on Yes, but than the issue remain the same.

So what is the problem and what can I do?

Please check.

Dear regards
Red
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 02:47:01 pm by A123 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Stand alone addon crash P3Dv4.4
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 02:48:42 pm »
Have you set the "Disable RTT" option in the settings ?

That's not default, and should be un-checked in PBR. It was added a while ago only as a temporary fix for possible crash on exit (only visible in the Event Viewer and totally harmless ), which affect a very limited number of users in Windows 7, but it's shouldn't be used with PBR.

Also, it will result in all Logo textures being black, so it's really best not to use it.

A123

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 03:21:21 pm »
Have you set the "Disable RTT" option in the settings ?

That's not default, and should be un-checked in PBR. It was added a while ago only as a temporary fix for possible crash on exit (only visible in the Event Viewer and totally harmless ), which affect a very limited number of users in Windows 7, but it's shouldn't be used with PBR.

Also, it will result in all Logo textures being black, so it's really best not to use it.

I've un-checked this button. Now that issue is resolved but again, the big issue is still remaining. Look at the screenshot. This is with all aircrafts all scenery's. Even default. The shader of the aircraft, or the terminal buildings remains the same. What I am seeing is that this is only with the GSX stuff. Only the ground workers I can see and the logo, but more than that I can not see. Please help me with these issue  >:(. This issue makes me crazy and I don't know more to do. I've tried everything. Shaders deleted, the shaders deleted in the root folder and placed the back up again. Deleted the P3D.cfg file and let them create a new one and so on. I don't have any idea's more than what I did right now.  :(

I really don't know.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2019, 03:40:30 pm »
I've un-checked this button. Now that issue is resolved

Of course it is. We already updated the program to ignore it in PBR.

What I am seeing is that this is only with the GSX stuff.

I already explained to you, so many times, why you don't want to understand it ? I repeat it AGAIN:

If you don't have other add-ons that requires a particular shader type, which for some reason has a problem in your system, you won't see the problem even if you have it, and you cannot see "all shaders are working", until you use an add-on ( GSX ) that require that particular shader that for some reason doesn't work on YOUR system

I don't have any idea's more than what I did right now.

Uninstall and reinstall P3D, using its full installer. Lots of users reported problems when updating from previous version with just the Client.

A123

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2019, 03:47:25 pm »
You're point is clear. Now that it is a problem in my system, I want to resolve the problem. I already did a complete reinstall of P3D and not only the client install. I did the full ones. But that didn't do the trick as well. Maybe the PBR doesn't work on my side. What can be the issue for that? Do you maybe know how I can check if the PBR is working, with a alternative method?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 03:49:11 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2019, 03:53:07 pm »
I already did a complete reinstall of P3D and not only the client install.

Have you removed ALL your addons before uninstalling the sim ?

Have you removed ALLO those folders from the previous installation ?

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4
%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4
Documents\Prepar3d v4 Addons
Documents\Prepar3d v4 Files

Have you removed any remaining P3D4 main installation folder ?

Have you reinstalled P3D4 and GSX immediately after, so you can be sure the problem is not caused by other addons ?

If you haven't done *all* of that, you cannot be sure yours is a really "clean" installation.

A123

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2019, 07:06:42 pm »
Yes sir I did..
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 01:43:09 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2019, 01:48:37 pm »
Yes sir I did..

Looking at the other message of yours you posted after this one:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,21245.0.html

It's clear that you must have skipped some step of the "clean" installation because, since now you confirmed the problem was caused by a shader mod which is apparently not compatible with P3D 4.4, this should have gone after a really clean installation, one made without skipping any of the steps indicate above.

Just to be more precise: the source files for the Shaders are located in the ShadersHLSL folder under the main P3D4 installation folder. From these sources, shaders are rebuilt and end up in the %LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4\Shaders folder in binary form.

So, if you really did a clean installation removing the main P3D4 folder AND the %LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4 folder as well, would surely got rid of that Shader mod which you confirmed was the real cause of the problem.