Author Topic: SODE is unavailable, jetways will not animate  (Read 9648 times)

jiasm

SODE is unavailable, jetways will not animate
« on: June 20, 2019, 01:55:02 am »
I am having this problem, and cannot find any way to fix it, my SODE is on the latest version all green, also jetway control system is up and running, I can see all the GSX jetways but they wont animate, also this affects my other payware airport gates. Dont know what elese to do. thanks.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 02:21:41 am by jiasm »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: SODE is unavailable, jetways will not animate
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 11:17:54 am »
also this affects my other payware airport gates. Dont know what elese to do. thanks.

If the 3rd party airport uses CTRL+J jetways, GSX doesn't change jetways in any way, unless you go through the rather complex replacement procedure

If the 3rd party airport uses SODE jetways, GSX doesn't change jetways, in any way either, since they will continue to work using EITHER the SODE menu or the GSX menu (but if you use the GSX menu, they will work better, using the GSX airplane door configuration)

If the airport it's default or it's an FSDT airport with GSX/SODE jetways, you MUST use the GSX menu to operate them, since the SODE menu won't work in this case.

jiasm

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 02:10:33 pm »
Thanks for your answers, I am using the GSX menu to call the jetway and I keep getting the: (SODE is unavailable, jetways will not animate) message.

The SODE jetways are there, they just wont move, they used to work perfectly until this issue.

BTW this is happening an all SODE enabled jetways.

The Ctrl J jetways are not affected.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 04:16:36 pm »
Thanks for your answers, I am using the GSX menu to call the jetway and I keep getting the: (SODE is unavailable, jetways will not animate) message.

The meaning of the message is quite clear: SODE is not running for some reason. Fact you see all green on the platform manager, only indicates SODE has been activated in the supported simulators, but won't guaranteed it will surely work in the sim. For example, a problem with missing system libraries in your Windows install might prevent it to run.

Do you see the SODE menu under the "Addons" menu ?

The SODE jetways are there, they just wont move, they used to work perfectly until this issue.

Of course. Without SODE, the jetways will remain static. Try to download and reinstall SODE from its official site:

https://sode.12bpilot.ch/

jiasm

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2019, 05:46:51 pm »
I will have to check if it is on the Addons Menu, or where do I find it, I use Windows 7

Would it be recommended to do a registry clean before SODE reinstall?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2019, 05:55:24 pm »
I will have to check if it is on the Addons Menu, or where do I find it, I use Windows 7

It's always supposed to be under the Addon menu of the simulator (the "Addons" menu bar), regardless of the OS.

Just reinstall it. Registry cleaner can do a lot of damage, if you don't know exactly what they are doing.

7rrfsmuff

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2019, 12:57:09 am »
I ran into this issue yesterday, but managed to eventually resolve the issue:

I'm running Windows 10
I'm running FSX Acceleration Pack
I was using the PMDG 772 aircraft
I was using Flightbeam KSFOHD airport

Sequence:

1. Before opening FSX I had updated GSX Level 2 with the 20 September 2019 update
2. Opened FSX
3. Accepted GSX as trusted
4. Accepted Addon Manager as trusted
5. Created a free flight, placing the PMDG 772 at KSFO gate G94
6. Configured the aircraft with APU running and both engines shutdown
7. Opened the GSX Customize Airport Positions
8. Replaced the Marshaller with a Safe Dock system
9. Changed the aircraft Stop Position
10. Applied the changes
11. Closed the GSX Customize Airport Positions window
12. Opened GSX Activate Ground Services
13. Selected Option 6 - Operate jetway(s)
14. Received the "SODE is unavailable, jetways will not animate" message
15. Opened Add-ons, SODE 1.6.3 and selected the "Test DLL Connections" option - SODE returned GREEN
16. Tried to operate the jetways again, but still received the "SODE is unavailable..." message
17. Opened Add-ons, SODE 1.6.3 and selected the "Reload all" option - SODE returned GREEN
18. Tried to operate the jetways again, but still received the "SODE is unavailable..." message
19. Exited the flight and closed FSX
20. Re-opened FSX and created a free flight as in steps 5 and 6
21. Opened the GSX Activate Ground Services window
22. Selected Option 6 - Operate jetway(s)
23. Received a new message stating the jetways could not be operated as they were already connected to the aircraft, however they were not
24. Opened Add-ons, Couatl settings and selected "Restart Couatl and rebuild airport cache"
25. Airport cache successfully rebuilt in 12 seconds
26. Opened the GSX Activate Ground Services window
27. Selected Option 6 - Operate jetway(s)
28. Selected Jetway front to L Entry 1 and Jetway aft to L Entry 2
29. Confirmed selection
30. Jetways operated normally

walt642

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2019, 12:21:21 pm »
Hi guy's. I was having the same problem. "SODE unavailable and Jetways will not operate."  What I did to correct this, was to uninstall  SODE. Then reinstalled the newest version of SODE 1.6.4 and the Jetways now work without any problems. To download the latest SODE version go to this link.   https://sode.12bpilot.ch/   You "Will have to uninstall your present version of SODE before you can  install the new version. Good Luck and happy flying. I'll be at KORD gate B-17 making sure everything is working again. Have a safe flight. Walt

nzb777

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2023, 09:03:18 am »

I tried to reinstall the sode restarted the flight sim all jetways gsx vehicles showing went to addon manager only coaut64, coaut update or reset cache and gsx menu appears no sode this happened after fsx steam updated the sim which happens regularly then i iused the FSDT installer update. then restarted the flight sim. went to addons again no sode i downloaded the 1.3 version i originally had its says sode not registered what happened was there a glitch in the steam updates thast wipe this out

srcooke

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2023, 12:00:45 pm »

i downloaded the 1.3 version i originally had its says sode not registered what happened was there a glitch in the steam updates thast wipe this out

1.3 VERY old, try v1.7.1 https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?wpdmpro=sode-v1-7-1
Regards
Stephen Cooke

nzb777

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2023, 07:45:16 am »
i Tried that but it says a new version was installed but sode won't work it says to contact the provider. I brought this through fsdt dream team it was working perfectly before then this update happened and wiped it out how do i uninstall it reinstall it. It won't let me

srcooke

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2023, 03:38:15 pm »
i Tried that but it says a new version was installed but sode won't work it says to contact the provider. I brought this through fsdt dream team it was working perfectly before then this update happened and wiped it out how do i uninstall it reinstall it. It won't let me

EXACTLY which SODE version is installed as reported by the SODE Platform Manager?
Regards
Stephen Cooke

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2023, 05:08:36 pm »
the provider. I brought this through fsdt dream team it was working perfectly before then this update happened and wiped it out how do i uninstall it reinstall it.

SODE it's a free utility which existed even before GSX L2, so you haven't "bought it from fsdreamteam", we are just providing the convenience of automatically installing the latest version with GSX, but it installs and uninstalls exactly as if you downloaded it and installed it yourself.

It seems there seems to be some kind of problem with 1.8.0 and FSX, but at the same time we need to install 1.8.0, because it's required to support P3D V6 so, clearly, we had to prioritize the more recent simulator rather than the 15-years old one, and we only read from this thread there are in fact issues with FSX.

However, like any other Windows program in existence, SODE can be Uninstalled from the "Program and Features" section of the Windows Control Panel so, if you uninstall it there, you can download any other version of SODE here:

https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=1471

The latest version we used to install until P3D V6 came out, was 1.7.1