Author Topic: GSX and Flightbeam KDEN new update  (Read 4114 times)

cosnowboarder_777

GSX and Flightbeam KDEN new update
« on: June 02, 2019, 12:51:13 am »
Flightbeam just released the update for KDEN including SODE jetways now. GSX is not seeing the SODE jetways in the customization menu and wanting to add its own jetways.
John Bauer

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and Flightbeam KDEN new update
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 08:43:43 am »
GSX doesn't try to add it's own jetways automatically. In order to do so, you must first create an Exclude file first, THEN create (or download) a customization file to add the jetways.

Could be you have done this BEFORE the scenery supported SODE jetways on its own ? If yes, you might have to remove both your old Exclude file and the previous GSX customization file you made (or downloaded), since it's not required anymore, now the scenery comes with its own SODE jetways.

cosnowboarder_777

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 02:44:10 pm »
GSX doesn't try to add it's own jetways automatically. In order to do so, you must first create an Exclude file first, THEN create (or download) a customization file to add the jetways.

Could be you have done this BEFORE the scenery supported SODE jetways on its own ? If yes, you might have to remove both your old Exclude file and the previous GSX customization file you made (or downloaded), since it's not required anymore, now the scenery comes with its own SODE jetways.

Ok, let me try that and report back, thanks.
John Bauer

scottb

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 12:11:08 am »
This issue is addressed in the *****KDEN COMMON PROBLEMS - READ FIRST BEFORE POSTING***** thread in the Flightbeam forums.

Duplicate Jetways after upgrading to KDEN v3: To fix this, find and remove this file: kden_fbeam.pye from your Addon Manager installation location \Addon Manager\couatl\GSX\airports.

cosnowboarder_777

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2019, 03:23:14 pm »
This issue is addressed in the *****KDEN COMMON PROBLEMS - READ FIRST BEFORE POSTING***** thread in the Flightbeam forums.

Duplicate Jetways after upgrading to KDEN v3: To fix this, find and remove this file: kden_fbeam.pye from your Addon Manager installation location \Addon Manager\couatl\GSX\airports.

Great, thanks for the info Scott.
John Bauer

Wuzz

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 08:41:27 am »
Hi captains,

sorry to pop this up again. I removed the file kden_fbeam.pye but still have duplicate jetways at each gate for KDEN after having rebuild the airport cache.

I also checked that there is no .ini-file in the virtuali folder nor any .bgl-files in the excluded jetways folder (i.e. from a previous SODE/GSX config when KDEN did not provide SODE jetways).

Grateful for any ideas how get rid of the duplicate jetways ;)

Thank you!

Claude

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 05:58:55 pm »
If you previously installed the "unofficial" mod to add SODE jetways to KDEN Ver 2, then you will also have to do the following for KDEN Ver 3:

Go to your SODE folder, normally found here: C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml
Delete the following file in that folder:  KDEN.xml (probably dated 8/8/2018)

(Alternatively, just to be sure, you could rename it KDEN.xml.off or KDEN,xml.bak, then check to see if worked.)

Wuzz

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 09:37:56 pm »
Thank you Claude - that finally worked ;)

Claude

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2019, 04:38:12 pm »
Wuzz,
 Glad that worked! I went thru the same issues you had before I remembered that last step!
Claude