Author Topic: GSX Level 2 Boarding Time increased dramatiacally  (Read 3207 times)

SamuelHeine

GSX Level 2 Boarding Time increased dramatiacally
« on: June 16, 2019, 08:06:27 am »
Ever since I upgraded to Level 2, for some odd reason it takes so much longer to board. To be more specific, the baggage vechiceles and passenger/crew bus (if on non-jetway stand) drives for a very long time! If im at a jetway, passengers board normally, but the baggage trucks etc takes approx. 10-12min to arrive to the plane! Is there anyway to reduce that time in a .cfg or such

Beat578

Re: GSX Level 2 Boarding Time increased dramatiacally
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 02:31:10 pm »
the time depends on your airport afcad file. It depends where the developers have put he spawn points of cars. If that is very far away, the bus has to drive a long way to the plane. So you should check your airports AFCAD and see where the bus parkings are. You could change it with the Airport Editor, but else there is not much you can do about.
Beat578

Melonsuti

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 01:31:54 am »
Ever since I upgraded to Level 2, for some odd reason it takes so much longer to board. To be more specific, the baggage vechiceles and passenger/crew bus (if on non-jetway stand) drives for a very long time! If im at a jetway, passengers board normally, but the baggage trucks etc takes approx. 10-12min to arrive to the plane! Is there anyway to reduce that time in a .cfg or such

My case is just the opposite. While the baggage bording is nicely fluid, the pax boarding takes insanely longer (137 pax=57mins). When you say that "passengers board normally", what you mean? In my case doesn't matter if passengers are boarding using a jetway or coming from the bus, they goes one by one. That's the normal boarding ratio?

Beat578

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 07:21:42 am »
Hi Melonsuti
As stated in the other thread you asked: You have to set the lever to "DENSE" to have the people boarding faster. Dense will mean: More people animated at the same time. If you select sparse, it does not affect the amount of passenger, but the amount of passengers animated at the same time, so it will take longer to board. Dense will send them out faster, what will shorten boarding time.
Beat578

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 03:37:24 pm »
And, in addition to that, just like in real life, if you are boarding a large airplane with just one jetway, it would take longer, which is why the larger airplanes use two jetways. If the scenery has them, of course. But the ability to add double jetways when they didn't exists, is the *other* main feature of GSX L2.

Melonsuti

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2019, 07:54:28 pm »
Hi Melonsuti
As stated in the other thread you asked: You have to set the lever to "DENSE" to have the people boarding faster. Dense will mean: More people animated at the same time. If you select sparse, it does not affect the amount of passenger, but the amount of passengers animated at the same time, so it will take longer to board. Dense will send them out faster, what will shorten boarding time.

Wow!!! I didn't knew that. Thank you :)

And, in addition to that, just like in real life, if you are boarding a large airplane with just one jetway, it would take longer, which is why the larger airplanes use two jetways. If the scenery has them, of course. But the ability to add double jetways when they didn't exists, is the *other* main feature of GSX L2.

Great! Please, don't take my comment as a bad criticism. I'm not a troll at all. Just trying to get the best of the great piece of software that GSX always had been. Keep the great work, team ;)