Author Topic: Jetways Gone  (Read 2361 times)

OperatorDerp

Jetways Gone
« on: June 14, 2019, 06:30:37 am »
Hello, Ive recently Purchased GSX level 2, and I was using my Flightbeam MSP, and all the Jetways were gone. I though it was a little weird, so I went to the configurator for the Scenery, and added sode back, and it showed yes, They are installed, but I closed the config tool, restarted FSX, and they were still gone, go back to the Config tool, and the Sode Box has nothing Selected. I Turn it back to on, Close the Config and restart FSX again, No change. I uninstall GSX level 2, and Boom, they are back. I know you have to drop a file into the exclude folder in the addon manager for the scenery to be excluded, but I don't know if there is one for MSP, or what I should do. Any help is wanted, Thanks!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways Gone
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 12:37:27 pm »
The problem cannot possibly caused by GSX, because GSX doesn't change anything on 3rd party sceneries that have either custom jetways with CTRL+J or their own SODE jetways, and FB KMSP is surely one of these two cases, depending on the configuration.

An Exclude file is never made automatically, unless you explicitly create one, the GSX installed doesn't install any Exclude files, it only creates an empty folder, by default.

An Exclude file won't affect a scenery that has SODE jetways, since they cannot be excluded with an Exclude. An Exclude file you created could possibly exclude standard jetways (CTRL+J).

OperatorDerp

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 04:09:04 pm »
Okie Dokie, That's awesome that it isn't GSX, do you have any Idea as to what is breaking it?

EDIT: So I Do think its GSX because when I reactivated it, This happened
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 05:30:04 pm by OperatorDerp »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 03:10:46 pm »
Okie Dokie, That's awesome that it isn't GSX, do you have any Idea as to what is breaking it?

You might have a conflicting scenery for that airport, so GSX doesn't know you are running a 3rd party scenery with its own jetways, and thinks you are using e default airport which should have replaced jetways. The same scenery, might have caused the sceneries from Flightbeam to disappear (GSX CANNOT cause jetways on a 3rd party scenery to disappear) so, the problem is not GSX, as I've said, but a conflicting scenery, which is causing jetways to disappear, and prompting GSX to replace them.

The most common cause of conflicts are those AFCAD supplied with AI traffic products, which are supposed to be used only if you use the default scenery, but must be removed if you have an addon.

You can use the free Simple Airport Scanner utility to search for duplicates AFCAD:

http://www.scruffyduck.org/simple-airport-scanner/4584282795

Or check the name of the AFCAD used by GSX in the parking customization page.