Author Topic: GSX Registered but NOT/GSX2 Registered  (Read 3494 times)

rlw9sr

GSX Registered but NOT/GSX2 Registered
« on: June 07, 2019, 09:58:19 pm »
A new install for a new computer and I have successfully installed a number of FSDT sceneries including GSX and GSX2 (Prepar3D v4.5/WIN10 Pro). GSX2 is registered but GSX asks for registration for restart of the sim.  I also receive a warning after the supposed GSX successfully registration that it is in trial mode.  I've have checked compatibility settings, run the update, and still no joy.  I would appreciate help with this nagging problem--I have attached pics of "process"

Beat578

Re: GSX Registered but NOT/GSX2 Registered
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 10:52:57 pm »
You Need to buy Both  products and also enter both serial Numbers to make it work properly.  Gsx Level 2 is an Expansion of gsx. It will Not work on its Own.
Beat578

rlw9sr

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 11:38:09 pm »
The problem is that BOTH products have been purchased and "registered" and active (the last 2 pics).  I did inadvertently register GSX2 before GSX; I assume that is not an issue--

Koen

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 12:17:27 am »
Which did you register first? It might be an issue with which got registered first.

rlw9sr

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 12:40:44 am »
GSX2

gevan

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2019, 01:38:48 am »
GSX2

OK, that could be the problem, since you must to activate the GSX first (which is the "base" addon) and then activate the GSX2 (which is the "expansion").

I hope that solves your problem.

rlw9sr

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2019, 11:40:59 pm »
I deactivated GSX, GSX2 and uninstalled GSX.  I also uninstalled the Addon Manager.  Rebooted and reinstalled GSX.  Booted the sim, and registered GSX.
Exit the sim and boot it again.  Once again GSX asks for registration details--How can this loop be broken?--I would appreciate anyone's help on this

gevan

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2019, 12:22:32 am »
I deactivated GSX, GSX2 and uninstalled GSX.  I also uninstalled the Addon Manager.  Rebooted and reinstalled GSX.  Booted the sim, and registered GSX.
Exit the sim and boot it again.  Once again GSX asks for registration details--How can this loop be broken?--I would appreciate anyone's help on this

I would recommend you do the following:

01 Uninstall everything again (GSX + GSX2).
02 Deactivate the Antivirus.
03 Install GSX and GSX2 in Administrator mode.
04 Once finished DO NOT run the SIM, start the "FSDT Live Update" application as ADMIN and let it install all the updates.
05 Now you can run the SIM.
06 Active the GSX and later the GSX2 with their respective serials.

I do this when the "trial mode" happens in the GSX and it has solved my issue.

I hope it helps you too.

Greetings.

rlw9sr

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2019, 04:51:51 am »
Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll report back--Thanks again

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2019, 03:10:25 pm »
- Nothing is "broken" in the activation process.

- The activation order is not relevant. If it were, we would clearly said so or, more likely, have the software enforcing it.

What can affect the activation not "staying" between sessions, instead, it's a configuration mistake either in your simulator or your Windows user account. For example, running the sim in a "Compatibility" mode, like XP under Windows 7 or Windows 7 under Windows 10, will cause this problem. Remove *every* checkmark or compatibility option in the Preferences->Compatibility tab for Prepar3d.exe

If you have other addons that runs in Compatibility mode, they might cause the same effect, especially if you start the simulator from them. Always start the sim from its own icon.

If your Windows user account has limited privileges, you might also have issues with activation. Running As Administrator is not normally required by our software, but it might, if your Windows user account is limited.

rlw9sr

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2019, 06:53:13 pm »
Thank you for you comments-I will check again how they are implemented on the new OS/sim installation.  A related question-does the install/activation process differ for GSX than for the other sceneries?  The 7 other FSDT sceneries I have, installed and activated without any problems.   
    Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2019, 02:50:56 am »
A related question-does the install/activation process differ for GSX than for the other sceneries?  The 7 other FSDT sceneries I have, installed and activated without any problems. 

No difference whatsoever, the software is exactly the same, and does activation for all products in exactly the same way.