Author Topic: Problem with embedded Stairs  (Read 2697 times)

Beat578

Problem with embedded Stairs
« on: June 07, 2019, 10:58:49 pm »
Hi Umberto
I Hope you can help me. Today i wanted to create the config for the do229 plane. I went into the airplane customization page. There i entered „embedded stairs“. When i go into 3d mode, i just see a blue rectangle,not the balls that i see on the pic in the manual. How can i switch from the position rectangle to the balls to define the top ant bottom of the stairs please? Thanks for the help beat
Beat578

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem with embedded Stairs
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 05:36:25 pm »
The embedded stairs will require a normal door to be configured correctly. That blue rectangle in your description sounds like one the door's axes arrow indication, that is not set to the door location so, set the door first.

Then, the embedded stair case start and end points will be configured and they will appear as a checkered sphere with their own icon.

Beat578

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 10:49:54 am »
Dear Umberto

Thanks for your answer.

Is there a tutorial? I read the manual several times, but it seems I am missing something:
I enter the "configure airplane" dialog.
Then i select the door, check the "embedded staircase" cross and go to "Edit in 3d Dialog"
I can then see the blue, amber and green arrows and the rectangles that show the exact door position.
I move the door to the needed position. Then I hit "y"
The 3d Dialog closes. But there was never a possibility to select the stairs start and end.

Could it be because I selected the option "Door without checking door status"? Does selecting embedded stairs only work with doors that could be checked for their state?
What I also saw is: When I go back to "edit doors in 3d", the door has the same position that it had before I started customizing.
I tried it with the carenado DO229 plane.
Sorry to have to bother you again with that. I don't see in the manual, how you can switch between positioning the door iteslf in 3d mode and between positioning the upper and lower stairs points.

Cheers form LSZH Beat (hope you don't have too much rain in your part of Ticino at the moment).
Beat578

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 03:15:46 pm »
I move the door to the needed position. Then I hit "y"
The 3d Dialog closes. But there was never a possibility to select the stairs start and end.

That's the error: you shouldn't have exited from the editor.

On a door that has the Embedded stair property enabled, when you enter the 3d editor mode, after you edit the door own position, pressing the two keys  used to "Edit Next/Previous door", which by default are NumPad 7/9, will cycle through the additional steps of setting the embedded stair Start/End position, as if they were an additional two doors.

Beat578

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 04:01:21 pm »
Ah thats it! Thank you!! Mabe that should be hinted in the next GSX manual, it was not really clear to me, even after reading the manual more than one time!
Thank you umberto.
Beat578

Pit

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 09:27:25 pm »
Ah thats it! Thank you!! Mabe that should be hinted in the next GSX manual, it was not really clear to me, even after reading the manual more than one time!
Thank you umberto.

+1 !!   :)