Author Topic: No default jetways with GSX  (Read 2747 times)

tnbriggs

No default jetways with GSX
« on: June 04, 2019, 02:51:12 am »
MS FSX Acceleration

I have purchased and installed the following FSDT items:
1   Los Angeles V2
2   Honolulu
3   Hawaii Airports v1
4   Hawaii Airports v2

They were working fine & co-existing with the rest of the system until now.

For some reason GSX & GSX v2, which I have not purchased, are running in trial mode. I did not directly load them. I believe they loaded automatically when I did an update of the purchased airports.

With GSX disabled:
1   GSX still indicated as running in trial mode.
2   The FSDT airports I've purchased display normally. Jetways function normally (ctrl-j).
3   Non-FSDT airports display normally, but have no jetways.

With GSX enabled:
1   GSX still indicated as running in trial mode.
2   FSDT airports I've purchased display & jetways are controllable with standard FSX keystroke (ctrl-j). 
3   At my non-FSDT airports GSX jetways display but I can't control the jetways (ctrl-j does nothing).

Non-display & non-control of default jetways are not a function of level of detail settings; I have level of detail set to maximum.

How can I simultaneously
1   Get my non-FSDT airports to use the default, controllable jetways?
2   Get my FSDT airports to use their standard jetways or GSX jetways?

Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No default jetways with GSX
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 11:09:46 am »
- You cannot disable GSX if you have any FSDT sceneries that requires it. KLAX is one of them

- You MUST install GSX Level 2 to use KLAX. No other installers are needed.

- GSX will show as Trial in the Addon Manager or if you try to use it anywhere outside the Trial airports, but it will WORK on FSDT airports, even if it will still read "In Trial" in the Addon Manager.

- Installing the latest GSX will replace all *default* jetways models with GSX ones, which won't work unless Level 2 is purchased. This is of course normal, since it's not possible to disable default jetways on some airports only, the model is always the same.

- As explained on the manual, if you are not interested in buying GSX Level  2, you can RESTORE the default jetway model using the GSX Control Panel.

tnbriggs

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 01:54:36 am »
Where can I find the manual you refer to?
Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 02:22:50 am »
The installer has placed an icon for both the GSX manual and the GSX Control Panel on your Desktop. If you cannot see it, or you removed it, they are both located under Addon Manager\Couatl\GSX