Author Topic: GSX Parking Customization Not Working with Flightbeam KDEN v3  (Read 1567 times)

downscc

New release from Flightbeam includes SODE jetways.  I have all Flightbeam locations and GSX works as expected with those but this new KDEN is not working and I am asking for suggestions on where to look for what might be wrong.  GSX does not recognize the SODE jetways, they work as expected from the SODE hot key but GSX indicates no gate available.  The gate names in the SODE xml file look good to me, they follow the same convention as the other Flightbeam locations where GSX does recognize SODE.  I verified the xml file is a UTF-8 encoded file.

Unable to use gate customizations with this location.  On selecting ground mounted safedock and entering the visual customization mode the only markings appearing are the parking stop point.  The parking center line and the parking system lines are missing, the safedock itself is missing, and one may slew objects but they are invisible. In particular the parking system surface line, vertical line and 'Parking System' label are invisible until slewed and then they appear but the safedock object itself remains invisible, and never appears after exiting the customization.  Weird.  I know GSX L2 on my system is working and this is a Flightbeam issue but what could possible give these symptoms with GSX?

I have tried this with different parking systems, parking locations and with and without the kden_flightbeam.ini file they provide.  I've started couatl and rebuilt cache numerous times.

Any clues are welcome.

downscc

Re: GSX Parking Customization Not Working with Flightbeam KDEN v3
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 10:18:14 pm »
I solved my problem with GSX at KDENv3, and it was neither GSX nor Flightbeam but rather a problem with Orbx Vector AEC.  In a test I turned off the sim.cfg for SODE at KDEN and loaded my test (PMDG B737 Gate C 32) and noted the big X marks where the simobjects were missing but that the GSX Customize Parking still had same symptoms.  And then I panned and zoomed to a view that afforded a look at the tell-tale cliffs at airport boundary and I looked up and saw all the missing graphics and safedock objects up in the sky.  I got a chuckle out of that, I usually spot the AEC problem right away but this time I took a very long and circuitous route.

Setting up an AEC exception for KDEN solved the problem and all is as it should be.  Next time I'll look up first.