Author Topic: a way to add services to airports  (Read 2493 times)

windshear

a way to add services to airports
« on: May 14, 2019, 06:30:39 am »
Hi all

I want to hear if you have advice on how to add services to airports, its not uncommon that the only services available at airports are airline dependent, IE AA or so. But most often there are multiple companies for example there are Menzies handling for BA at their destinations around the US. Is there a way to add more service companies to multiple airports? and why do the cfg files get reset after I update the filemanager? Its annoying as I have edited them before trying to apply Menzies to various airports in the past.
Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Beat578

Re: a way to add services to airports
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 07:03:09 am »
You should wait for the new update. If you use Prepar 3d 4 or newer (with PBR), then you can add new companies very easy now.
On the Parking customization page, you can set with airlines you want to park at a certain spot and then you can select the caterer for that parking. So it is possible to cosutomize the caterer. It's a bit of work, but you can surely customize everything.
Beat578

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 09:44:56 pm »
Is there a way to add more service companies to multiple airports?

Of course there is, and it's explained in the PaintKit.

Which will be made obsolete by the upcoming update, but the concept of the ICAO scoring explained in the PaintKit will still be valid, just easier to do.

and why do the cfg files get reset after I update the filemanager?

If with "filemanager" you mean the FSDT Live Update, none of your files are ever touched when running it.

panzer2181

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2019, 10:52:07 pm »
Is there a way to add more service companies to multiple airports?

Of course there is, and it's explained in the PaintKit.

Which will be made obsolete by the upcoming update, but the concept of the ICAO scoring explained in the PaintKit will still be valid, just easier to do.

and why do the cfg files get reset after I update the filemanager?

If with "filemanager" you mean the FSDT Live Update, none of your files are ever touched when running it.

Hello, this may sound somewhat stupid, but I am reading the manual (latest level 2 update), and I am attempting to update some of the parking positions at CYUL.  Correct me if I am wrong, if I understand correctly, the handling operators are linked to the airline codes.  But what about the catering?  I used to be able to chose between several catering operators, now I am only able to add 1 per gate... I know that it is possible to add more, I just do not seem to either find it in the main GSX manual or the GSX Airport Position Customization module.  Do I input the name of the cateror in the Airline codes section?  For example, Gate 78/JS at CYUL (FlyTampa) has the value Airline codes of: ACAX,JZA,GGN.  I tried to add NEWREST after, but I only got a generic JetAviation Services...  That said, when I chose NEWREST in the drop-down menu, then it worked.  I am confused as to how we can add several choices for catering and handling...  I did note on page 33 of the manual that only one provider is possible?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2019, 11:51:48 am »
Correct me if I am wrong, if I understand correctly, the handling operators are linked to the airline codes.

Yes, but only to break ties. When there is more than one operator which has been assigned to that airport by GSX using its own rules, the ones that matches parking codes of the parking will obtain an higher score, so they will "win" the selection.

Catering is the same, but they use parking codes less frequently (most of them are not airlines), so they tend to be tied more to their rules file.