Author Topic: Different airstar setting for the same model?  (Read 1699 times)

Framsen

Different airstar setting for the same model?
« on: May 04, 2019, 05:09:17 pm »
Hi guys!
I have got a little tiny problem. When I fly with Ryanair (PMDG 737-800NGX WL), I use embedded airstar settings, as Ryanair does.
Meanwhile today I was flying with an other airline and I forgot this, so passengers had to jump off my plane,
because GSX thought (according the GSX's PMDG 737-800NGX WL settings) that I have that stair, I didn't.

Is there any option to make a different settings for the same plane or I have to change this settings every time when I change between Ryanair and other airlines?

Thanks  ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Different airstar setting for the same model?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 04:19:21 am »
The configuration that comes with GSX for the PMDG 737-800 (only the 800, both regular and WL versions), use the Conditional Embedded stair feature, meaning it will use or not the embedded staircase depending if the airplane variable that controls its appearance has been set by the airplane so, GSX won't mistakenly think you have an Embedded stair when you don't, unless:

- The airplane hasn't set its own custom variable for some reason. It's called L:NGXAirStairs

OR

- You made the configuration for the Embedded staircase. This is not required, since the configuration that comes with GSX already has it. In fact, it's possible that, by setting the option yourself, you might have caused the issue because, while the GSX editor has the ability to create a normal Embedded staircase with no conditions, it doesn't have the user interface to add a Condition so, even if the manual explains it's possible, it's only possible with the internal GSX configuration that has some features end users still cannot access but, since your own customization always takes precedence over the internal one, by creating an Embedded staircase, you might have overwritten the one in the default GSX configuration, that has a Condition, precisely to prevent what you are reporting.

So, first thing to do, Reset the airplane configuration, and use the one we supply with GSX for the PMDG 737-800