Author Topic: Couatl needs to be restarted at the destination airport  (Read 1522 times)

Rafal

Couatl needs to be restarted at the destination airport
« on: May 03, 2019, 09:39:02 pm »
I have been experiencing this problem for quite along time but, thinking it may be some kind of coincidence, I didn't post.

So, the problem is when I arrive at the destination airport and stop at the selected stand (I try to be precise following the marshaller or the visual guidance system), the jetway won't move (of course engines are off and parking brake set).
If I try to call it via the Crtl+Shift+F12 menu, there is no error message. Everything looks fine, there is an option to call for a jetway which I click, but nothing happens. Deboarding starts: I can hear pax voices and the luggage carts arrive but the jetway is not moving.
I need to go to the menu bar and select to restart couatl. Then, after a few seconds, when it is restarted (all vehicles and jetways reappear), I can use the Ctrl+Shift+F12 menu, call the jetway again and this time is becomes active with no problem even though I did not move my aircraft an inch.

I do not remember when the problem started, but it has been for a while.
I am on P3Dv4.4 and apply all the GSX/Couatl updates. I fly FSLabs A320 almost exclusively. Currently using the FSLab's GSX ATSU integration, but the problem was present also before the latest FSL update.
Most of my jetways are from the regularly updated package by Javier (cartayna) available here in the forum, installed exactly like instructed in his manuals. A few may still be default (meaning SODE ones made by the scenery developer).
I have the latest SODE installed (1.6.4.).

The problem happens almost always (actually I do not remember the last time it was working).
There is no problem with jetways at the departure airport.

Has anyone experienced that too?
Does Umberto have an idea what could go wrong in the described situation?

Thank you very much in advance.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 09:43:08 pm by Rafal »
i7 7700k 4.2GHz, GTX 1080Ti, Asus MAXIMUS 9 FORMULA, 32 GB RAM DDR4, WD40EFRX 4TB, SSD 850 EVO 1TB, SSD 850 EVO 250GB, LG 34UM68-P 34" ultrawide monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, MSFS2020

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl needs to be restarted at the destination airport
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 11:13:45 am »
I suggest waiting for the next update, because so much has changed, that trying to back-tracking something like that in the old version it's almost impossible for us. For example, the new version supports SODE 1.6.4 better, since there are new features in it that allows a better synchronization with GSX.

Rafal

Re: Couatl needs to be restarted at the destination airport
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 01:17:42 pm »
All right, I will take your suggestion.
I just hope the update is not far away.  ;)
i7 7700k 4.2GHz, GTX 1080Ti, Asus MAXIMUS 9 FORMULA, 32 GB RAM DDR4, WD40EFRX 4TB, SSD 850 EVO 1TB, SSD 850 EVO 250GB, LG 34UM68-P 34" ultrawide monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, MSFS2020