Author Topic: GSX Last Update FSX SE - sudden drop of FPS when touching the tarmac.  (Read 3087 times)

Padrinho

Hi friends,

After updating GSX I get drop in FPS when touching with the wheels down on runway of 3rd party aircraft and airports. I am running FSX SE, smooth perfect performance on all the moments of flight but when i land, on the exact moment i touch the runway it just goes frame by frame untill 20 knots speed. Before the GSX PBR update everything was nice. I have runned 3 times GSX update app but it doesn't change the situation.
Any ideas?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 08:43:50 pm by Padrinho »

airlinetycoon

FSX = no PBR

Airmaz1

The PBR update isn't released yet is it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
The PBR update isn't released yet is it?

Of course it hasn't.

This should get the prize for the most absurd post of the year: somebody complaining about a problem supposedly caused by an update which is still not out yet! And in addition to that, even after it WILL be released, nothing in it could possibly affect FSX, since the sim doesn't even support PBR, and no FSX objects will be changed by the update.

Which, again, is not out yet. The last version available online now is from December.

I wonder what we'll get after this: support questions for Prepar3D V5 ?

Padrinho

I am definitely not an expert in this subject and i have for shure explained myself in the most wrong way. I am sorry to ask but have you released any update through live update for FSX in the past 2 weeks?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
am sorry to ask but have you released any update through live update for FSX in the past 2 weeks?

We haven't released any updates for any simulator since December. The next major update is going to be released soon, but it won't change much for FSX, just a couple of bugfixes.

So, whatever problem you think you have for fps, you can be sure it's NOT caused by GSX or a GSX update, since it hasn't been updated in months.

Gabe777

Not really helpful is it ?

Mockery ? This is a paying customer. Not impressed.

As for the OP..... clearly updating has created an issue that appears to be reducing performance.

As with any addon doing this, you are best to unistall the entire program, including SODE from Control Panel, then reboot.

Then reinstall SODE and then the latest GSX program.

I found that SODE had not been activated properly, so I reinstalled SODE from its devs site. So there could be numerous reasons why an update causes an apparent issue.

When I installed GSX, my airports were not recognising that SODE was installed correctly. So I uninstalled GSX, reinstalled SODE, then reinstalled GSX. After rebooting all was good.

It is annoying when a 50 GBP piece of software causes problems, and no advice is forthcoming.

Hope this helps.

(More advice - update to P3D .... better looking and performance, on the same hardware !)

Good luck my friend.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 12:56:37 pm by Gabe777 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Not really helpful is it ? Mockery ? This is a paying customer. Not impressed. As for the OP..... clearly updating has created an issue that appears to be reducing performance.

"Mockery" ? Have you READ what the OP wrote ? He said:

"Before the GSX PBR update everything was nice"

And he also said he uses FSX.

Now the facts:

- The GSX PBR update hasn't been released yet

- The last update for GSX came in December

- The GSX PBR update (which is NOT released yet), will not change anything for FSX, since PBR models won't be even installed in the sim