Author Topic: GSX menu not loading - P3D v3  (Read 1738 times)

larsvz10

GSX menu not loading - P3D v3
« on: April 20, 2019, 03:04:11 pm »
Hi there,
When I am trying to use GSX in P3D v3, I cannot see the GSX panel in the menu bar. Next to that, Ctrl+Shift+F12 doesn't work. I removed GSX and I downloaded it again. I got a popup saying 'Endlabel Launch.Addon is not the same as startlabel SimBase.Document'. This is an error in the dll.xml file. Does anyone know what I have to do to fix this problem?

I also have other add-ons like PMDG 737 and 747, and the Aerosoft Airbus X. It worked with these addons too, but not I cannot use it with any aircraft. Thanks in advance!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX menu not loading - P3D v3
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 11:19:56 am »
When I am trying to use GSX in P3D v3, I cannot see the GSX panel in the menu bar. Next to that, Ctrl+Shift+F12 doesn't work. I removed GSX and I downloaded it again. I got a popup saying 'Endlabel Launch.Addon is not the same as startlabel SimBase.Document'. This is an error in the dll.xml file. Does anyone know what I have to do to fix this problem?

Yes, of course it doesn't work, and the problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX. You must have edited your DLL.XML file by hand, and didn't close a tag, or inserted a tag in the wrong place.

Check your DLL.XML file, which can be located in both these places:

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d V3\DLL.XML
%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d V3\DLL.XML

And look for obvious errors, like not matching tags, or misplaced lines.

Also, it seems you are using an old version of P3D3, because in 3.4 (the last version), we don't use the DLL.XML file for GSX anymore, but we use the add-on.xml method. However, it's possible a corrupted DLL.XML file might affect the processing of the add-on.xml as well, so it's best to fix it.

larsvz10

Re: GSX menu not loading - P3D v3
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 06:19:12 pm »
Hi,

Thanks a lot for the reply, I fixed the xml file and now everything works again. :)