Author Topic: GSX & Couatl Shutdown 4.4  (Read 2922 times)

TrusseLee

GSX & Couatl Shutdown 4.4
« on: March 18, 2019, 03:46:42 pm »
Hello guys, I hope you are well.

I would like to reach you for help because I'm struggling with my GSX 2 and Couatl since January.
In January I started to have problems with couatl, many times the simulator was running and couatl & GSX menu were not available. I've read some posts here and decided to fully uninstall GSX & couatl & sode and installed again. I ran the the fsdt live update several times and the problem seems to have been fixed. Now I have always available both couatl and GSX2 when I load my flight.

The problem is:
- Everytime I switch airplanes GSX & couatl disappear from the menu and stop working (this makes me load again the simulator, every time I want to switch airplanes)
- Everytime I reset my position (this is awful, if by mistake I enter a command in GSX menu and I want to reset my position, everything stops working and either I exit the simulator and load everything again, or I continue my flight and I won't have GSX on arrival airport).
- Everytime I reload couatl and airport cache (couatl and gsx stops working and menu disappears).

I've turned off ESET antirivus, exclusions are all ok. Please I would like to have a permanent fix for this because it is very stressful.

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/XoBf8Vn

MY SYSTEM: P3D V4.4

Thanks in advance! :)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 03:48:26 pm by TrusseLee »

strude11

Re: GSX & Couatl Shutdown 4.4
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 05:11:47 pm »
Hello Trusselee,  You are not alone with this problem.

Umberto, I have identical problems with GSX and Couatl shutting down and it always states that the AntiVirus is the problem and exclusions should be made. I have done that from the very beginning, excluding the Addonfolder and bglmanx – HOWEVER I DO NOT RUN THE SIM WITH MY AV ON – IT IS ALWAYS OFF WHEN FLYING.

I have ran FSDT Live update many times, I have reinstalled the software again and again but the only way to get GSX back is to restart the sim – Not Good!!

The couatl log states that GSX is disconnecting from Simconnect.

Python 2.7.13 Stackless 3.1b3 060516 (default, May 22 2017, 13:45:26) [MSC v.1900 32 bit (Intel)] wxPython 3.0.2.0
couatl v3.2 (build 4061)
log started on Tue Mar 19 15:16:43 2019

connecting to SimConnect...
connected to SimConnect
connected to bglmanx
disconnected from SimConnect.

I have even reinstalled Simconnect again and again but alas no joy. Today, when GSX was running I just pressed “Reset the position” and I lost it all. Even running the couatl.exe from the root folder will not start GSX.

Desperate in need of your expertise with this one Umberto – this is driving me crazy!!!!!
Thanks
Iain

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2019, 11:13:39 am »
It seems both of you have problems with the Restart, since this is what will happen when you switch airplane, reset the parking position or rebuild the airport cache.

Of course, I cannot reproduce the problem (if it was a reproducible problem, we would fixed it already), so it surely caused by some interference by another software, which might or might not be related to flightsim. Yes, of course the program will always says "it's the antivirus", because 99% of the times Couatl is not running, it IS the antivirus but that's only the most common cause, not the only one.

In order to check if the problem MIGHT be caused by a conflict with another addon, the first thing to try is:

- Is this happening only with some airplanes ? Does it happen when starting the sim with a default airplane and switching to another default airplane ?

- Are you able to test with no other addons running ? If you have proper P3D addons that install in the proper P3D way, you can disable them very easily, by unchecking them in the Options->Add-On menu. Try to disable everything in the Add-ons menu, and see if you can see an improvement in the ability to Restart.

However, you might have some legacy addons that installs in the old way, which would instead require editing the DLL.XML and/or the EXE.XML files to be disabled.

There might be a conflict we are not aware of so, testing with no other addons is the first thing to try.

dirzao

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 01:40:42 pm »
Guys ..
I already tried all of this in my GSX and the problem still persist.
Every time when I call for fuel truck.. automatically they select Catering services... or sometimes I request to boarding.. he selects disembark.
And If I try to restart Couatl .. he disappears.. and sometimes yes sometimes no show me the message that Its caused by my antivirus.
I already inserted in my Antivirus exclusion all of FsdreamTeam product .. I use the standard Microsoft Antivirus.. and the problem still persists.
Haaa.. reinstall....update .. forget... I already did it a lot of time.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2019, 04:05:41 pm »
I already tried all of this in my GSX and the problem still persist.

First, don't post twice (I removed your other double post). And, it's not very clear what do you mean with "I already tried all of this". It seems you ONLY tried the antivirus, which, if you read my latest post, it's just one of the possible issues.

And, from your report, it seems your problem is quite different from the one discussed here, which is the inability to RESTART Couatl. From your report, it seems that Couatl for some reason QUITS by itself, when selecting some services so, both the reason and the possible troubleshooting is entirely different in this case.

- Enable Logging from the Troubleshooting page of the GSX Settings.

- Restart Couatl

- When it quits, exit from the sim immediately, and without restarting it, check the Couatl.LOG file that has been created under %APPDATA%\Virtuali , ZIP it, and Attach it to a post.

strude11

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2019, 06:02:47 pm »
It seems both of you have problems with the Restart, since this is what will happen when you switch airplane, reset the parking position or rebuild the airport cache.

Of course, I cannot reproduce the problem (if it was a reproducible problem, we would fixed it already), so it surely caused by some interference by another software, which might or might not be related to flightsim. Yes, of course the program will always says "it's the antivirus", because 99% of the times Couatl is not running, it IS the antivirus but that's only the most common cause, not the only one.

In order to check if the problem MIGHT be caused by a conflict with another addon, the first thing to try is:

- Is this happening only with some airplanes ? Does it happen when starting the sim with a default airplane and switching to another default airplane ?

- Are you able to test with no other addons running ? If you have proper P3D addons that install in the proper P3D way, you can disable them very easily, by unchecking them in the Options->Add-On menu. Try to disable everything in the Add-ons menu, and see if you can see an improvement in the ability to Restart.

However, you might have some legacy addons that installs in the old way, which would instead require editing the DLL.XML and/or the EXE.XML files to be disabled.

There might be a conflict we are not aware of so, testing with no other addons is the first thing to try.

OK Umberto will give it a try. Thanks for your reply
Iain

TrusseLee

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2019, 10:57:03 pm »

Sorry for the delay of my answer. I've tried with all the aircraft (both payware and freeware) and it always happen if I switch between airplanes. The restart of GSX or Couatl remains a No for me.
The only concern is that I've been working with GSX and for the first times it always ran good and nowadays doesn't. I appreciate your answer and I know the difficulty to solve those kind of problems that you cannot replicate (i also know some programming). For now, my solution is to choose the airplane that I really want, wait for the airport cache to be loaded and if I want to reset my position, I use slew mode to put me outside of the parking stand and then I open the menu again to assign the same one.
It is not the best solution, but definitely the one that works for me right now.

I only hope you guys do some tweaks for the animations and interaction between airplane and ground vehicles. Sometimes they just get a little crazy with spins and backwards driving ehehehe.
Keep improving. Cheers!