Author Topic: GSX Suggestion - Aircraft tow to/from a remote stand or maintenance  (Read 4219 times)

ErichB

Keenly awaiting the arrival of GSX 2.  GSX already adds huge immersion to every flight.

This weekend,  while waiting for the cargo to load before my flight, I was wondering whether at some point in the future, it might be possible to implement a script where your aircraft is is able to be towed onto the departure gate or cargo ramp from a maintenance hangar or a remote stand.   Although it doesn't happen often,  I have seen this happen a number of times.  It would be pretty cool to place your viewpoint at the departure gate and see your aircraft being towed onto stand.    Not sure how that could be implemented but would imagine in the options box you would select your departure gate/stand and then select the parking position you wish your aircraft to be towed from.  GSX would then just warp the aircraft to that point and the towing process would initiate.

Something for the future.

cheers
erich

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Suggestion - Aircraft tow to/from a remote stand or maintenance
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 01:25:09 pm »
I was wondering whether at some point in the future, it might be possible to implement a script where your aircraft is is able to be towed onto the departure gate or cargo ramp from a maintenance hangar or a remote stand.

This has been discussed several times on the forum: it's already planned to be part of the next major GSX upgrade (not Level 2, which means it will be free), which will rewamp the Pushback entirely, to allow push-in, gate-to-gate, push/pull, etc.

ErichB

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 09:54:18 am »
Excellent, thanks

windshear

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 09:31:51 pm »
I was wondering whether at some point in the future, it might be possible to implement a script where your aircraft is is able to be towed onto the departure gate or cargo ramp from a maintenance hangar or a remote stand.

This has been discussed several times on the forum: it's already planned to be part of the next major GSX upgrade (not Level 2, which means it will be free), which will rewamp the Pushback entirely, to allow push-in, gate-to-gate, push/pull, etc.

Wow!!
Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

JelleMie

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 07:37:09 pm »
Is there any news regarding this topic? ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 09:12:32 am »
There hasn't been any news, other than what has been already said. We are working on a fairly large update right now, but this is more related to a complete overhaul of how GSX objects are created, how they look like ( a lot of them have been remade entirely for PBR ), and how easy will be creating custom graphics for both vehicles and jetways, which is right now very complex.

The Pushback remake will be made at a later stage, and you can be sure you'll hear for us when it will arrive and, as I've said so many times in the forum, it will have interactions with many other things in GSX that use or will use user-customizable waypoint paths, like free walking passengers outside terminals, custom vehicle approach paths AND the custom pushback routes as well. So, it will all one coherent waypoint editor that will be used for all these services so, we want to do it right once.